+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Richie Smallwood

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Smallwood is a bog standard league 1 holding midfield player, would say worth 4 thou a week max'. Is it length of contract he's after cause if we went up he's not a championship player in a side that's going to do anything. If he can find someone to pay him more or give him a longer contract, go ahead.
    Doesn't this just sum up the madness of football. This is almost 4 times what I earned in my last job running an office of 48 people and with 20 odd years experience, 2 degrees and a PhD.

Totally agree but it's the.....

" 20 odd years experience"....that's appropriate for footballers - how many footballers get a "career" of half that much - and that's barring injuries.

It's the make hay while the sunshines scenario and market forces have driven wages up ! But NOT that long ago:

FIFTY-FIVE YEARS TO THE DAY: £20 MAXIMUM WAGE CAP ABOLISHED BY FOOTBALL LEAGUE CLUBS
    Mon 18 Jan 2016 13:25

Anyway as a total psychopath you love bossing people around - I'm surprised you didn't do it for free....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Thought you didn't like abusive posts Kempo ?

Only when it's against you though hey?

You post stupid things then you get told straight that's how it is.?
    Tbf to Kempo he does post lots of intellectual stuff on here. However I agree with you on this post, as well as stupid, its insulting, rude, obnoxious. Its this side of Kempo I don't care for and furthermore makes me feel he has an agenda to want to bait people to react. It also adds weight to the argument some posters have that he's a multi in my opinion.

Shame because entertainment wise, he's a good un on here.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Doesn't this just sum up the madness of football. This is almost 4 times what I earned in my last job running an office of 48 people and with 20 odd years experience, 2 degrees and a PhD.
    It's only twice mine and I have the following letters

MBCHB DCH DRCOG FP cert...USA qualification ECFMG
    Last edited by kempo; 27-05-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Tbf to Kempo he does post lots of intellectual stuff on here. However I agree with you on this post, as well as stupid, its insulting, rude, obnoxious. Its this side of Kempo I don't care for and furthermore makes me feel he has an agenda to want to bait people to react. It also adds weight to the argument some posters have that he's a multi in my opinion.

Shame because entertainment wise, he's a good un on here.
    But did you like the post?

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    But did you like the post?
    I agree post 12 is a good one yeah, probably reasonably accurate as well.

Your post was a bit strong, even for you. Bad day??

I did actually say I agreed with some of Petes points which were well made.
    What's amazing is though that some people in my opinion talk ****e so I'll tell em I disagree with it and other people tell me if they disagree with me.
    It's no problem at all it's a forum it's not personal.
    if I think someone is moaning or attention seeking I'll tell em like I said it's not personal I'd happily have a pint with anyone on here and tell the same to their face no problem at all and would accept them telling me.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Why will it mellow ?
    If the club think it's not worth it then why is that a lack of ambition?
    Warne will live or die by his signings I don't see why it's a lack of ambition you could argue if you like Smallwood a mistake but nothing to do with ambition in my opinion.
    For the record I didn't want Warne but I'll give him a chance this season which hasn't started yet unless I'm mistaken?

UTM
    I know people's views differ about Richie Smallwood but, for me, he's a proven League 1 player and it won't be easy to find someone to do the defensive midfield job as well as he does.
    I guess I will just find it really disappointing if he ends up at a League 2 club because they gave him a better financial deal than we were prepared to offer. To me that smacks of penny pinching and it's a very risky strategy if the chairman really does have any ambition.
    As you say, Warne will be judged by the squad he puts together but he has said on more than one occasion that he wants Smallwood to stay. So try a bit harder then Paul!
    I admit that Warney wouldn't have been my choice for the manager's job, but he's now in charge of my team and I desperately want him to succeed.
    It's early days yet so I won't rush to judgement but the way the Smallwood situation is being handled is making me feel uneasy.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I know people's views differ about Richie Smallwood but, for me, he's a proven League 1 player and it won't be easy to find someone to do the defensive midfield job as well as he does.
    I guess I will just find it really disappointing if he ends up at a League 2 club because they gave him a better financial deal than we were prepared to offer. To me that smacks of penny pinching and it's a very risky strategy if the chairman really does have any ambition.
    As you say, Warne will be judged by the squad he puts together but he has said on more than one occasion that he wants Smallwood to stay. So try a bit harder then Paul!
    I admit that Warney wouldn't have been my choice for the manager's job, but he's now in charge of my team and I desperately want him to succeed.
    It's early days yet so I won't rush to judgement but the way the Smallwood situation is being handled is making me feel uneasy.
    We tried to storm the Championship last season with at best league 1 standard players, the majority don't even fit in this bracket, it ended badly.

We seem to be planning to storm league 1 with non league players, which will in all probability end badly.

Lessons learnt from last season, don't make me laugh.

"Warne will live or die by his signings"

But is that true !

Let's face it - PW's elongated honeymoon period and his subsequent promotion was a rather large sign that PW is presently Teflon coated.

The computer and the accountant are picking the players we may or may not bring into the club.

PW could be here for a long time.

Whether he waves and / or wins matches......it'll take a tsunami in the Alps to shift Warnsey......how can he be sacked.....TS doesn't know his name...lol

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast