+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup final...

FA Cup final...

I'm interested to know folk's thoughts on this, it seems to me that people are are bit apathetic regarding the FAcup final these days, i know am, couldn't really care who wins or whether i'll watch..

thoughts...

Well it's 6:45am here and I'm up in anticipation of FA Cup It's A Knock Out, the schoolboy's penalty competition and traveling on the coach to Wembley with the players. Alas non of that seems to be happening so I'm making do with the Rugby Cup Final.

The measure of my interest in the FA Cup Final can be judged by the fact I only just realised who's playing in it I'm sure when we get there I'll revise some of the enthusiasm I had for the competition from the late 60s through to the mid 90s.

Yeh, i don't know whether it's because it's different as an adult, but as a kid i was glued to the box for the day, regardless who was playing, loved the build up and all that, just don't really care so much now.

Love it.

Arsenal win

The apathy has been largely brought about by the loss of occasion, diluted by the FA and Premier League clubs, shifting kick off times, pandering to television companies, fielding weakened/reserve teams etc. 5.30pm kick off, what's all that about?

I love it and will defo be tuned in.

I think we may win it next year 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    I think we may win it next year ��
    If we start in the 1st round what's the betting we won't even get as far as the 3rd

Don't think we've ever been beyond the 5th

I did plan to watch some of it, and caught some of the pre-game stuff on the beeb.
    Felt quite nostalgic throwback to the old Cup Final Days with loads of bits and bobs leading up to the game.

Went in to the kitchen, missed the Arsenal goal.

I've since found a stream for Budapest Honvéd v Videoton title decider in Hungarian NBI, just about to kick off.
    So I'M watching that instead.

Badly planned trip, I came back from Budapest yesterday.

As a secondary point, when I talked about these before ,it got Zilzal reminiscing about another Budapest team, MTK who could be relegated with defeat today.

So everyone has won something, nice to share (except Man City!)

Arsenal obviously needed it more.

And Ramsey winning goal again!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast