+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAO Kempo : neuralgia

FAO Kempo : neuralgia

Hello Kempo, I hope you and Mrs K are well? I seem to remember you were plagued with a condition called trigeminal neuralgia. Well after 5 weeks of visits to the dentist, I am beginning to think that I suffer from a similar condition. Now it's clear to me that it is related to intelligence and it is a condition scarce among the lower orders but apart from that I know very little. I would be grateful if you could give me a brief explanation of symptoms and any other useful information you could share.

Just by way of background. I had a very painful injection for a filling in my lower left wisdom tooth at the beginning of April . I also had an abscess on the gum removed from under the same tooth around 4 weeks later. Now the initial injection trouble me. Normally it just stings a little but this was like a terrible electric shock in my face. The dentist said that there is a chance in a thousand that he catches that nerve there but unfortunately for me it looks like he did. I have since read that neuralgia can be caused by some dental treatment. Just wondered if that was correct? Could my face/ pain have been triggered by that injection. Also what are the best painkillers?
    Last edited by the_idiotb_stardson; 27-05-2017 at 02:00 PM.

I'm no doctor IBS but with regards pain relief I would definitely recommend staying off MM for at least 2 months

My mum suffers with this. Nothing to do with dental treatment its a nerve near the eye i think.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Hello Kempo, I hope you and Mrs K are well? I seem to remember you were plagued with a condition called trigeminal neuralgia. Well after 5 weeks of visits to the dentist, I am beginning to think that I suffer from a similar condition. Now it's clear to me that it is related to intelligence and it is a condition scarce among the lower orders but apart from that I know very little. I would be grateful if you could give me a brief explanation of symptoms and any other useful information you could share.

Just by way of background. I had a very painful injection for a filling in my lower left wisdom tooth at the beginning of April . I also had an abscess on the gum removed from under the same tooth around 4 weeks later. Now the initial injection trouble me. Normally it just stings a little but this was like a terrible electric shock in my face. The dentist said that there is a chance in a thousand that he catches that nerve there but unfortunately for me it looks like he did. I have since read that neuralgia can be caused by some dental treatment. Just wondered if that was correct? Could my face/ pain have been triggered by that injection. Also what are the best painkillers?
    I think that from time to time we all wonder what the best relief is for a pain in the arse. So your query to Kempo invokes shades of "Physician" heal thyself.

I think you mean pain in the Harris pokermiller

Head amputation apparently cures it.

Haven't read the OP but can confidently say Kempo strikes again. I seem to be the only MM poster with a memory. IBS, Kempo and Zil go to a game together. IBS and Kempo (laughably) spend £140 to share a taxi to the play-off semi-final. Later they all say they have never met.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Haven't read the OP but can confidently say Kempo strikes again. I seem to be the only MM poster with a memory. IBS, Kempo and Zil go to a game together. IBS and Kempo (laughably) spend £140 to share a taxi to the play-off semi-final. Later they all say they have never met.
    Yes, its definitely kempo..ibs doesnt usually pick on "the lower orders", except for recent posts....I should imagine that he goes on other sites too, spreading his false persona...it makes me wonder wether cam and frog actually know this person is a ringer, but dont want to pull him because it creates interest...maybe, maybe not, just a thought...p.s...get ready for the cruise and caravan bit....

First IBS I sympathise with your neuralgia which is very unpleasant.

It's a shame that your post has attracted the usual idiotic responses.

Trigeminal neuralgia is usually of unknown aetiology but any facial neuralgia whether trigeminal or otherwise can be caused by trauma.

Your history suggests that your dentist hit a nerve and this has initiated your neuralgia.

The intense shooting pain at the time of your injection would be typical of nerve trauma.

The dental history of recent abscess may also be a factor in facial neuralgia.

Typical symptoms would be shooting pain in the face,maybe toothache type pain.

You may get waves or flashes of pain on a background of constant pain and the pain can be confusing in several areas even coming up from the neck.

The majority of the pain will be on one side but neuralgic pain can even be mirrored by the opposite side.

As you know I suffer with neuralgia and the most effective treatment for me is a combination of tramadol and pregabalin.

You would need to see your GP re this treatment.

The prognosis for you would be uncertain but cautiously optimistic if the neuralgia is traumatic as there is a reasonable chance of full nerve recovery but this is not certain.

Oddly I have two areas of neuralgia..inguinal following complex groin surgery and facial of unknown cause.

Ordinary painkillers are not usually effective

If your GP feels you have classic trigeminal neuralgia then Tegretol is the usual first line treatment..amitryptiline is another drug that is used.

Tramadol/ pregabalin has been the best for me.

Please see your GP and discuss but there can be few doctors more experienced than me re neuralgias!

Declaration..retired GP..

I hope this helps and feel free to ask further advice

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Over confidence is a dangerous trait!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast