+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T some wierd people

I've known doctors that I would not trust as far as I could throw them

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    Doctors are very special people - and include the world's BEST !

Can't comment on other countries but with the limited knowledge I have about the arduous training Doctors get in this country.....a long - tough - intelligentially challenging 7 years and more training - plus continuous professional development.....they are the S.A.S. of the professional world.

My point is NO ONE goes through that trauma without a deep seated desire to help their fellow humans - and they must have a heart as big as a bucket to do it.

Life can be destructive - and Doctors are not immune to life's ability to do harm....

But - for me - if anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt - a break - a little leeway to any faux pas....it's DOCTORS...

Because - with what they have been through to get that title.....there will always some good inside !
    Unless this is a wind up, this post is as sycophantically ludicrous as lbj's bumhole cringing series of apologia for our former manager.

Of course there are good and bad doctors, and there are kind doctors and evil ones. Which is the same as any other profession.

I think, in general though, most doctors are good people. I also think people having a go at doctors in general are a disgrace, I imagine they would be extremely grateful for a doctor's help when ill.

I have no advantage to gain by posting that Doctors are inherently good people!

"Harold Shipman anyone?
    What about Josef Mengele"

Well - as a percentage of Doctors over the period of our history from whence true Doctors have emerged - I think you'll find these two guys form a quite small percentage.

No - with the pain they go through - for so long - even those with purely financial gain in mind at the start would be consumed with a truly vocational attitude as the financial gains are good but not as students..... and the training covers a long period.

As for Stubbs.....with all the evidence now in the open and the knowledge that he was doing a good job with both hands tied behind his back....the only reason people still maintain that sacking a good manager after 13 games was stupidity at its finest. But admitting your wrong would be losing face so you'll never do it.

But - waving or not - I'd rather have changed 3 or 4 rubbish defenders ( that Stubbs inherited ) and keep Stubbs - his incredible coaching team and Izzy for a season - than have trial and error in charge now.

We would have followed Burton success this year and would have had a far better chance of staying up than being managed by the fitness guy !

And even if we were relegated ( and I'm confident we wouldn't have been ) I would have rather have Stubbs and his teams knowledge of the country's best youth players and development of players than our "Trial & Error" pairing....

But if it makes you feel better - reaffirm your beliefs.....but again 13 games with great improvements in performances and with the constraints within the club....we made one hell of a mistake to sack Stubbs....

FFS, is there a doctor in the house?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12