+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonny Hayes

I don't think fans here or elsewhere are whinging about it, more talking and looking at possibilities.
    Niall is most likely going, Hayes McLean and DM are attracting attention. Hopefully they all stay but it's def worth talking about the worst case scenario as fans!

I don't think Jonny is to the standard that the pigs are after. I smell bullsh@t

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I don't think Jonny is to the standard that the pigs are after. I smell bullsh@t
    If Hayes was to go there he would get as much game time as gms and Christie get,can't see him getting game time in place of Sinclair too often so I can't see him going there at this stage of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If Hayes was to go there he would get as much game time as gms and Christie get,can't see him getting game time in place of Sinclair too often so I can't see him going there at this stage of his career.
    Also I can see Roberts back there too as Man city have spent ludicrous money on some Monaco boy who plays wide

We cant sell Hayes to Celtic, he is one of our best players and if we sell him to the team who are already running away with everything, then the games a bogey. If Hayes wants to move onto a bigger club, we cant deny him that. He has been nothing short of spectacular for us and he has given his all. But Celtic? if somehow the rumours are true, dont sell him for anything short of £4m. He maybe isnt worth that in the real market, but if Celtic want him then they should have to pay top dollar for him. We could use that money to strengthen and replace Hayes, McGinn etc etc.

As for this summer, this will be Derek's biggest test. It is crucial we try and retain what we have, replace those that leave and strengthen further. It's a worrying time for us fans.

The local Sunderland rag is reporting that Sunderland are interested in Jonny regardless of if Derek gets the managers job or not. Seems strange to me that they have targets without a manager. It also says Birmingham City are interested in Jonny too which is more believable given that Harry Redknapp was at the game.

£3m no less and we talk.

If not GTF. Play hardball, Championship is awash with money and they pay far more for lesser players than oor Hayes.

Don't see Jonny at Sellick he is 30 next month and hardly going to elevate them to the next level in the CL his final ball lets him down too much. Was speaking to a guy at work Today from Sunderland and he says the word down there is Derek WHO ? They are all wanting Nigel Clough or at least someone with a record of getting teams out of that league

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep On Fire View Post
    Don't see Jonny at Sellick he is 30 next month and hardly going to elevate them to the next level in the CL his final ball lets him down too much. Was speaking to a guy at work Today from Sunderland and he says the word down there is Derek WHO ? They are all wanting Nigel Clough or at least someone with a record of getting teams out of that league
    Evening express saying aberdeen have had no official approach from celtic as yet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    We cant sell Hayes to Celtic, he is one of our best players and if we sell him to the team who are already running away with everything, then the games a bogey. If Hayes wants to move onto a bigger club, we cant deny him that. He has been nothing short of spectacular for us and he has given his all. But Celtic? if somehow the rumours are true, dont sell him for anything short of £4m. He maybe isnt worth that in the real market, but if Celtic want him then they should have to pay top dollar for him. We could use that money to strengthen and replace Hayes, McGinn etc etc.

As for this summer, this will be Derek's biggest test. It is crucial we try and retain what we have, replace those that leave and strengthen further. It's a worrying time for us fans.
    Derek's "biggest test" will be building a Sunderland squad & having a tilt at promotion.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast