+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonny Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Neil Warnock says Cardiff have pulled out of the running to sign Aberdeen ace Jonny Hayes - hinting that the Dons are stalling to get the best offer out of Celtic for the Irishman.

"Aberdeen want two players from Celtic and they've been messing us around for quite a few weeks now.
    £6 million and we'll say no more about it, you pr1ck!

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    £6 million and we'll say no more about it, you pr1ck!
    Neil Warnock can GTF. He's a nobody.

Neil Warnock is assuming we are after 2 players from Celtic or he is that angry at Aberdeen disregarding his offer that he is trying to upset the club and annoy Celtic. Warnock is good at getting a reaction... Maybe we should tell him Johnny Hayes has bigger ambitions than Neil Warnock so a deal could not be agreed.

Neil Warnock says Cardiff have pulled out of the running to sign Aberdeen ace Jonny Hayes - hinting that the Dons are stalling to get the best offer out of Celtic for the Irishman.

Hayes is at the centre of a four-way fight with Birmingham and Nottingham Forest also keen on luring him south.

Cardiff had reportedly tabled a seven-figure bid last week. But boss Warnock says the Bluebirds are now out of the running - and he took a swipe at Aberdeen for their handling of the situation.

"You can only wait for so long and you've got to move on," Warnock told BBC Wales Sport.

"Aberdeen want two players from Celtic and they've been messing us around for quite a few weeks now.

"And it wouldn't surprise me if their manager Derek McInnes goes to Sunderland either.

"There might be other motives behind everything stalling.

"We've moved on and gone on to another one or two targets that haven't been mentioned yet."

Celtic have made a cash plus Ryan Christie on loan offer for Hayes. The Dons are also keen on out-of-favour Celtic winger Gary Mackay-Steven.
    So what would we value the three at?
    Hayes? We allegedly got offered £1.3m for him?
    Christie? £500k. Maybe moot point as likely a loan?
    GMS? £250k-£300k?

So unlikely event of Christie permanent, approx £500k + those two
    ... or £900k-£1m + GMS & loan Christie?
    I'd rather have Greg Stewart personally (than GMS)

All irrelevant as Tommy Wright might not want them

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post

All irrelevant as Tommy Wright might not want them

Tommy Wright might not mind as we would have enough money left over for Steven Anderson and Liam Craig

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I'd rather have Greg Stewart personally (than GMS)
    )
    I don't rate the wee Wick(maybe Thurso or Scrabster) bawbag either. He's a light weight fanny and he is surplus at the pigs for that reason. One sense of being roughed up hes is out of a game and you have a spare wheel. Not for me

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I don't rate the wee Wick(maybe Thurso or Scrabster) bawbag either. He's a light weight fanny and he is surplus at the pigs for that reason. One sense of being roughed up hes is out of a game and you have a spare wheel. Not for me
    I don't necessarily disagree.
    If we got the Dundee Utd GMS for about £250k he'd be good.

But if we got the Celtic GMS, where the shirt seemed "too big" for him, then maybe not.

I think all bets regarding new players are off, till the new manager comes in. We all know the kinda hammer throwers Tommy Wright would go for, but maybe Alex Neil or Keith Curle wouldn't fancy Christie or Greg Stewart either, and vice versa.

Really hope we have the new man in by friday at the latest, need to get cracking on new players

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I would rather sign him than some guy from the lower leagues of England who no ones ever heard of.

I would imagine he is surplus at the pigs because there are better wingers than him and Jonnys away to take his place on the bench.

I think all bets regarding new players are off, till the new manager comes in. We all know the kinda hammer throwers Tommy Wright would go for, but maybe Alex Neil or Keith Curle wouldn't fancy Christie or Greg Stewart either, and vice versa.

Really hope we have the new man in by friday at the latest, need to get cracking on new players
    Agreed FTH.
    We need to move pronto.
    We need new players for first team, asap

Then again... if it's Wright, feck knows what 4-5 he'd bring in.

Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast