+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonny Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    He's won it before, with a worse team than ours. I don't want Wright either but the criticism of his ability is way over the top.
    Bang on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    He's won it before, with a worse team than ours & I seem to remember him embarrassing our genius on the way. I don't want Wright either but the criticism of his ability is way over the top.

He gets them qualified for Europe & won them the Scottish Cup. Do you think the farmers give a sh1t about his style of football? On that subject, how many of the 40,000 at Parkhead do you think have watched that final back? It was horrendous. Does anyone care? Nope.
    Maybe the farmers don't but our fans would. I seem to recall one of the reasons for so many wanting to get rid of Calderwood was because the football was terrible.Before you say he never won us the Scottish cup even if he did the same folk would have wanted him out.

For the record I think Wright has done a great job for St Johnstone, he is perfect for a club like St Johnstone. Just not for us imo.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Maybe the farmers don't but our fans would. I seem to recall one of the reasons for so many wanting to get rid of Calderwood was because the football was terrible.Before you say he never won us the Scottish cup even if he did the same folk would have wanted him out.

For the record I think Wright has done a great job for St Johnstone, he is perfect for a club like St Johnstone. Just not for us imo.
    To be fair, you were the plum the other day advocating Neil Lennon replace McInnes. Neil Lennon. Just let that sink in for a minute...

I know who I'd choose if the options were Tommy Wright or that complete bigot and erection.

Incidentally, for what it's worth, I favour Alex Neil. A man with a similar track record to McInnes pre-Dons: early success in Scotland, decent move to England and some initial success there, before things went awry. He'll be motivated and has something to prove. He's also available for free, meaning we can give him some of the money we will get for McInnes (and Hayes) to strengthen the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

I kinda agree with both Mason and Rico.

Mason is right in that St Johnstone fans will rightly not care about the quality of football on offer if St J are regularly qualifying for Europe and finishing well above their budget should suggest.
    Also, no one was complaining of the quality of the final when we played ICT.

But, I also agree with Rico in that our fans would not be happy finishing 3rd or 4th, winning feck all AND the football is dire to watch...as Rico said, it's Calderwoodesque

I think (without trying to be patronising) that Tommy Wright is a good for for them....but not us.

But if I was a betting man, he'd be the one I think Milne will go for

Not sure why Wright isn't good enough for us but DM was? What did he have that Wright doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Not sure why Wright isn't good enough for us but DM was? What did he have that Wright doesn't?
    A personality for a start. Wright getting interviewed is like listening to the Reverend I M Jolly.

Quote Originally Posted by afc_1983 View Post
    To be fair, you were the plum the other day advocating Neil Lennon replace McInnes. Neil Lennon. Just let that sink in for a minute...

I know who I'd choose if the options were Tommy Wright or that complete bigot and erection.

Incidentally, for what it's worth, I favour Alex Neil. A man with a similar track record to McInnes pre-Dons: early success in Scotland, decent move to England and some initial success there, before things went awry. He'll be motivated and has something to prove. He's also available for free, meaning we can give him some of the money we will get for McInnes (and Hayes) to strengthen the squad.
    I never said anything about Neil Lennon replacing McInnes, I think you are confusing me with someone else. Redjohn perhaps?

I would go for Alex Neil as well, saying that I wouldn't be bothered if Jack Ross or Archibald got it. As long as its not Tommy feckin Wright or Derek Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    A personality for a start. Wright getting interviewed is like listening to the Reverend I M Jolly.
    Top of the list...

Must be good at interviews.

Sorry to keep going back to Calderwood but wasn't that another reason why folk wanted rid of him?

His interviews were embarrassing according to some.

? On that subject, how many of the 40,000 at Parkhead do you think have watched that final back? It was horrendous. Does anyone care? Nope.

how many of the 40,000 have never been back to Pittodrie?

Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast