+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonny Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Nah selling double figures of goals, 20+ assists, and your seasons best player while taking a youth player of theirs to school in our team will never be beaten

Our board are f@cking morons with no ambition

F@ck them
    Have to agree here. It says to fans that we peaked and achieved all we can. Time to cash in our chips and float aimlessly while doing our best to prepare a Celtic youngster for a career with the pigs.

So that's it then? Has reality caught up with the "progressing every year" rhetoric horse****? Cause I don't see this as moving forward. Backward perhaps. Pedro Portufanny was apparently bang on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    It's not financial muscle, it's just muscle. We could have sold him for the same money to a Cardiff but held out for Christie. Christie is a great player, but we can't even use him against Celtic so what's the point. Shocking business by the club and if it turns out Christie just didn't want to sign for us permanently, then I would rather he weren't here.

Bottom line ... don't sell your best players to your ****ing rivals.
    Blethers. Quite obviously a 1.2 million buy out trigger in contract. Potentially we could have refused to sell him to anyone depends on the contract might have stated teams allowed to speak with him if offering that figure but we couldn't have forced him to go to Cardiff over Celtic if that's where he wanted to go and we were willing to sell him. Its completely down to the player.

So it looks like we need a new manager whom will have to get in 4 new players quick or we will be out of Europe before the end of July

Mcinnes would have needed to bring in the same amount of players, the key will be getting the new manager in swiftly and giving him some of the Jonny, Mcinnes & Cormack money

At least he had the decency to sign a contract extension in January guaranteeing the club £1m or whatever the final number is. Yes, a sickener he is going to Celtic, but he has given the club something back. Unlike Jack who acted like a complete to$$pot.

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    Christie on a loan is a joke in my eyes.
    The Christie loan makes it worse for me.

I know we're a smaller club than raselickbyrawaybutbigman, but it's the patronising-ness of it all.

"Here you go, have a derisory amount of money and we'll take your best player to be cover on our left flank. Now, you be good boys and take this young lad, decent player mind, and develop him for us for a year, and no sneaky playing him against us ya wee nickums, and in a season we'll take him back if he's good enough. Off you pop now."

I just canna be f u c k e d wth it.

Fantastic bit of business by the board 1.3 million for a 30 something plus the best youngster in Scottish football in return . Albeit for a year.

Nae idea fit some o u boys are girnin aboot.
    We've had Hayes best years.
    Time to freshen things up and bring in new faces

Nae buying season tickets etc cause we've sold a player to a bigger team where he'll get more wages.
    Hae a word we yersels

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    The Christie loan makes it worse for me.

I know we're a smaller club than raselickbyrawaybutbigman, but it's the patronising-ness of it all.

"Here you go, have a derisory amount of money and we'll take your best player to be cover on our left flank. Now, you be good boys and take this young lad, decent player mind, and develop him for us for a year, and no sneaky playing him against us ya wee nickums, and in a season we'll take him back if he's good enough. Off you pop now."

I just canna be f u c k e d wth it.
    Christie is a bit of a 50/50 one.
    Clearly a good player & clearly good enough.
    No way we were ever going to get him permanently.
    He's earning £8kpw roughly (£400k pa)
    Even if he was in the top earners at AFC he'd be on about £3kpw (£150kpa)
    So that's roughly £250kpa he'd give up (for 2 years of Celtic contract)
    Rightly he doesn't want to give up on £500k.

So the question is;
    Do we just give up on him altogether or take on a good player for a year?

And more importantly assuming DM goes, how the hell do we know the new manager would want him?
    How can we bring in a key player when we might have a new manager in 48 hours or so.

Quote Originally Posted by theoninedog View Post
    Fantastic bit of business by the board 1.3 million for a 30 something plus the best youngster in Scottish football in return . Albeit for a year.

Nae idea fit some o u boys are girnin aboot.
    We've had Hayes best years.
    Time to freshen things up and bring in new faces

Nae buying season tickets etc cause we've sold a player to a bigger team where he'll get more wages.
    Hae a word we yersels
    Its nowhere near as simple as that

Doesn't bother me if he asked to leave and it doesn't bother me if we get £1m but selling him to Celtic and getting a player on loan shows how ****e things are.

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast