+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonny Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    ? On that subject, how many of the 40,000 at Parkhead do you think have watched that final back? It was horrendous. Does anyone care? Nope.

how many of the 40,000 have never been back to Pittodrie?
    Meaningless if the interviews are pish.

I don't see what the big downer on Tommy Wright is. His interviews are perfectly ok. He is not a blithering buffon aka Calderwood. He sets his team out against us to play in a certain way cos it works. He does that against teams he thinks are better footballing wise. He was the only premier league manager who got a result in the cup at Ibrox when the huns were in the lower leagues because he worked out how to play them and it wasn't long balls it was hitting them on the break with O'Halloran's pace. Some of the other candidates being mentioned on here beggars belief.

Sorry to be pedantic but it was over 43000 Dons fans at that final not 40000.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Seeing as you watch St.Johnstone so much, how ***y was the football when McInnes managed them to 23 league goals in a season?

He's not left yet and already the myths are starting
    I'm not interested in St Johnstone.
    I'm interested in Aberdeen.

But looking back at the start of his managerial career, he successfully got them promoted following 7 years in the championship and then worked on consolidating them in the SPL.

He essentially built the platform to allow them to progress to where they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    He's won it before, with a worse team than ours & I seem to remember him embarrassing our genius on the way. I don't want Wright either but the criticism of his ability is way over the top.

He gets them qualified for Europe & won them the Scottish Cup. Do you think the farmers give a sh1t about his style of football? On that subject, how many of the 40,000 at Parkhead do you think have watched that final back? It was horrendous. Does anyone care? Nope.
    Again, not interested in St Johnstone.
    It seems you have a beef with DM and your not concerned with how Aberdeen plays, only that we win the odd trophy.

I reiterate, some of the football to watch this season was truly great to watch.
    It was a far better platform to ensure success and certainly, you cannot deny that we progressed furthest this year under DM.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    I don't see what the big downer on Tommy Wright is. His interviews are perfectly ok. He is not a blithering buffon aka Calderwood. He sets his team out against us to play in a certain way cos it works. He does that against teams he thinks are better footballing wise. He was the only premier league manager who got a result in the cup at Ibrox when the huns were in the lower leagues because he worked out how to play them and it wasn't long balls it was hitting them on the break with O'Halloran's pace. Some of the other candidates being mentioned on here beggars belief.
    Two things:

TSMSTID beat Sevco 5088 in a Scottish Cup semi-final at Ibrox the day before St Johnstone beat us at the same hoaching, decrepit HSE Inspector's dream in Govan. St Johnstone are, therefore, not unique.

Wright has shown NOTHING to suggest that he knows any other style of play than the Caley-clone brutality and "efficiency" that has driven the fans away from Old Macdiarmid's fairm.

We MUST have more ambition than that.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Two things:

TSMSTID beat Sevco 5088 in a Scottish Cup semi-final at Ibrox the day before St Johnstone beat us at the same hoaching, decrepit HSE Inspector's dream in Govan. St Johnstone are, therefore, not unique.
    ICT beat them 3-0 at Ibrox when Sevco were in the lower leagues as well.

I remembered Utd just after I posted. St Johnstone beat them when the Huns were in the Championship and favourites for the match. The Utd game was a couple of years earlier when the Huns were further down the leagues and were seriously gash. Everyone expected Utd to win that game whilst the St Johnstone score was a bit of a shock. My point still stands re Tommy Wright. He has also consistently set his team out well against Celtic and has consistently given them a much better game than we have.

We have a stable club and require a continuation of that. What stellar alternatives do you have in mind ?

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    ICT beat them 3-0 at Ibrox when Sevco were in the lower leagues as well.
    Ok should have done my homework. What I should have said was when Rangers were in the Championship and had a semblance of a team. They were in the really ****ey leagues and had a terrible team when ICT beat them ditto Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    I remembered Utd just after I posted. St Johnstone beat them when the Huns were in the Championship and favourites for the match. The Utd game was a couple of years earlier when the Huns were further down the leagues and were seriously gash. Everyone expected Utd to win that game whilst the St Johnstone score was a bit of a shock. My point still stands re Tommy Wright. He has also consistently set his team out well against Celtic and has consistently given them a much better game than we have.

We have a stable club and require a continuation of that. What stellar alternatives do you have in mind ?
    St Johnstones results against the Tims last season,

2-4
    0-1
    2-5
    1-4

How have they consistently given them a much better game than we have?

I watched the highlights of the games and read the stats re shots on target and I feel they did particularly with the resources they had on the pitch compared to ours. But hey ho Mr Wright does not seem a popular choice. I hope Deek doesn't go as that is my preference but I stand by my assessment of Wright and believe he will be the boards choice when the inevitable happens.

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast