+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

Thread: Jonny Hayes

As long as he isn't wearing a Dons top, Celtic won't mind where he plays. Laughable really.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Farce, more so that it's even possible. Should be a ruling that a player has to be on your own books for a season before going out, especially if over development age. Loans in the game is out of hand.
    Not seen him play but Celtic fans apparently not happy. My guess is that Aberdeen players played to his strengths in a way that Celtic players wont. 4 games in and surplus to requirements already.

There should be a "where are they now" wall in the dressing room 2 years after leaving.

Anyway, thanks for the £1.3M Celtic... strengthened our squad nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    Not seen him play but Celtic fans apparently not happy. My guess is that Aberdeen players played to his strengths in a way that Celtic players wont. 4 games in and surplus to requirements already.

There should be a "where are they now" wall in the dressing room 2 years after leaving.

Anyway, thanks for the £1.3M Celtic... strengthened our squad nicely.
    I completely agree with tim fans. simply, he isn't good enough for the current celtic side. he'll have the occasional great game and 30 mins here and there, but over the piece just not the level.

It's often forgotten that Hayes was mediocre in his first season here.

The Hayes we saw the past couple of seasons was settled at the club, loved it here, was loved by the fans, guaranteed to be on the team sheet every week and playing in a team set up to make the most of his strengths.

It's pretty unsurprising you don't get the same level of performance when he's at a new club, in and out of the side, frequently on the bench, has no fund of goodwill from the support.

Even a super-confident, on-form Hayes would struggle to get into the Celtic side with the likes of Roberts at the club. A confidence-dented, slightly below par Hayes will look like a guy who isn't even squad material.

We have similar problems with fringe players here. Guys like Storey and Stockley may not have been good enough to hold down a place even playing well, but I'm sure with regular game time they are capable of better than we've seen from them.

Not even on the bench for Smelly's in-between important games reserve team yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Not even on the bench for Smelly's in-between important games reserve team yesterday.
    Let it go FFS
    Said it before and saying it again, I just do not get the "love" that some folks were showing towards the wee plooky faced money grabbing tw@t when he decided to leave the dons.
    He's gone let it go

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Let it go FFS
    Said it before and saying it again, I just do not get the "love" that some folks were showing towards the wee plooky faced money grabbing tw@t when he decided to leave the dons.
    He's gone let it go

SF
    Once a Don always a Don. Did right by the club before moving to gain his pieces of silver. Unlike some. I always keep an eye on ex-Dons. Always keen to see how they get on, especially those that do the right thing by the club. Nothing at all wrong with that. So, if you don't mind, I'll keep my eyes on those who served us well.

No doubt he'll play against us and score.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Once a Don always a Don. Did right by the club before moving to gain his pieces of silver. Unlike some. I always keep an eye on ex-Dons. Always keen to see how they get on, especially those that do the right thing by the club. Nothing at all wrong with that. So, if you don't mind, I'll keep my eyes on those who served us well.
    Totally agree with that sentiment. Apart from maybe, Jess and McGinn, I can’t think of more consistent attacker over the past 20 years. If he became available in January for £500k, would we make a move?

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    Totally agree with that sentiment. Apart from maybe, Jess and McGinn, I can’t think of more consistent attacker over the past 20 years. If he became available in January for £500k, would we make a move?
    I imagine he would be welcomed back by the fans, it's a shame he went but made cash for the club so I can't really hold that against him.

Do you think Derek will be keeping an eye on the situation?

The dream situation is he returns in January then scores the winner against Celtic to win the league for Aberdeen!

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast