+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Diane Abbott

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    Maybe some people vote with a social conscience as opposed to a selfish vote..but I guess that's beyond your comprehension.
    Maybe being a normal poster without resorting to being a multiuser is beyond yours, you're a pathetic man 'doc'

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    The trouble is that Diane Abbott has calculated how to pay for them.
    She is a laughing stock and should have been sacked but, then again, Mr Corbyn really likes her doesn't he?
    Not quite true though is it, fact is only one manifesto is fully costed, but don't let a few facts get in the way of your spin, you'd do the tories a fine spin doctor job Mellow...

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Not quite true though is it, fact is only one manifesto is fully costed, but don't let a few facts get in the way of your spin, you'd do the tories a fine spin doctor job Mellow...
    Which manifesto is fully costed? According to the IFS, there is a £9bn shortfall in Labour's figures. That assumes that Labour are not going to reverse the current freeze on benefit levels, which is the case if you believe the manifesto, but not if you listen to Corbyn.

I couldn't get anywhere near the job you do for the Labour party MM 😊

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I couldn't get anywhere near the job you do for the Labour party MM ��
    Fair shout fella..

Because of their policies which will benefit the vast majority of folk in Rotherham, perhaps?

Maybe so, but to be honest Rotherham declined badly during the Blair government years, and its been a Labour dominated council for years, yes the same Labour council "on watch" for the child abuse scandals plus other lapses in control.

If after all of that Labour influence decade after decade is the Rotherham we have today then maybe a change is well overdue?

I know what you mean though because folks are generally selfish when voting but don't you think that if Rotherham was Tory controlled then more money might be poured in by a Tory government?

Ps On the original point ref Diane Abbott, I would rather have Russ Abbott than that clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Maybe so, but to be honest Rotherham declined badly during the Blair government years, and its been a Labour dominated council for years, yes the same Labour council "on watch" for the child abuse scandals plus other lapses in control.

If after all of that Labour influence decade after decade is the Rotherham we have today then maybe a change is well overdue?

I know what you mean though because folks are generally selfish when voting but don't you think that if Rotherham was Tory controlled then more money might be poured in by a Tory government?

Ps On the original point ref Diane Abbott, I would rather have Russ Abbott than that clown.
    Maybe so? plainly so....Rotherham declined badly over the Blair years? depends on what you'd call declined, i can clearly remember many many schools in the borough either; getting new builds or getting refurbed, also the hospital had a major refit and new builds, what would you judge a government on? how many potholes in your street?
    Money poured in by a tory government....look at what this gov't is doing across the country, to the same hospitals and schools built during the Blair years, blinkers are still solidly fixed i see.

Russ Abbott? fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Which manifesto is fully costed? According to the IFS, there is a £9bn shortfall in Labour's figures. That assumes that Labour are not going to reverse the current freeze on benefit levels, which is the case if you believe the manifesto, but not if you listen to Corbyn.
    Indeed, stil, the stark choice for all of us is clear, we either continue to allow austerity to get worse (austerity which was needed to reduce the national debt, according to the party of economics...)or we elect a party prepared to do something positive for the country as a whole...

Make your choice on the 8th...

"Immigration under control" - no it went up!

We inherited the greatest deficit" BULL...and anybody with a brain knows that ain't true....and as one of the banking centres of the world we sorted more banks out - to save the world....those will pay dividends once they are released - politically.....

"We will balance the books"...by....then... by..........then...by.....NO - THEY'VE INCRESED the deficit bu a very lot of teachers and nurses pay !

I'm not a religious bloke but my Ma "believed".....but as Jesus would definitely be against any conservative party I believe that you should vote with your heart.....and where did God put your heart...?

JUST TO THE LEFT OF CENTRE ! 😎

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    "Immigration under control" - no it went up!

We inherited the greatest deficit" BULL...and anybody with a brain knows that ain't true....and as one of the banking centres of the world we sorted more banks out - to save the world....those will pay dividends once they are released - politically.....

"We will balance the books"...by....then... by..........then...by.....NO - THEY'VE INCRESED the deficit bu a very lot of teachers and nurses pay !

I'm not a religious bloke but my Ma "believed".....but as Jesus would definitely be against any conservative party I believe that you should vote with your heart.....and where did God put your heart...?

JUST TO THE LEFT OF CENTRE ! 😎
    As a former Demonstrator in Anatomy I can confirm the anatomical accuracy of the post.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast