+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Diane Abbott

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    The trouble is that Diane Abbott has calculated how to pay for them.
    She is a laughing stock and should have been sacked but, then again, Mr Corbyn really likes her doesn't he?
    Not sure that he does, remember his choice of alternatives is severely limited because some other likely candidates won't side with Corbyn.

Also when you add in some of the other "boxes to tick" like being female and being black then the short list gets very very short.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Not sure that he does, remember his choice of alternatives is severely limited because some other likely candidates won't side with Corbyn.

Also when you add in some of the other "boxes to tick" like being female and being black then the short list gets very very short.
    I wasn't thinking of their political relationship........alledgedly.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    I have to agree with you on this one.

How someone so useless gets to a position that she could be the next Home Secretary beggars belief and made me think long and hard before voting Labour which I have done by postal vote as I'm off on a cruise on election day.
    It's called positive discrimination but the outcome of her becoming Home Secretary would be far from positive.

Mi mam and dad and gran and grandad voted for labour so being a brain dead wxxxxr i have to ,dick follow the comi leader, by the grace of God labour will never get the chance to damage this country again,

Quote Originally Posted by 39 steps View Post
    Mi mam and dad and gran and grandad voted for labour so being a brain dead wxxxxr i have to ,dick follow the comi leader, by the grace of God labour will never get the chance to damage this country again,
    Take the fortieth fella and do one if that's all you've got...

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Take the fortieth fella and do one if that's all you've got...
    I know he hasn't excelled from a literal point of view, but the context is pretty much spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I know he hasn't excelled from a literal point of view, but the context is pretty much spot on.
    Not really though has he, same old mantra from those unable to conceive the fact that the Labour party is the only one that ACTUALLY represents the views of the majorityof Rotherham residents, historically. To say that people vote just because their parents did has little truth in it, and in actual fact is a slant on those who take their time to look at policies/manifestos/candidates profiles etc.

I am afraid there IS truth in it, millmoor. My nan, bless her, typical nan, love her to bits. And I obviously don't speak to her like I do on here, and I've had the odd few political conversations with her and she has told me she's always voted Labour. I said, "But why Nan? It's their fault the country is going to the dogs. Blair's Britain." She said, "I'll tell you why. When I was younger I asked my Dad who I should vote for, and he said, Jean, we vote Labour in this family. And I've stuck to that ever since." I said, "But Nan, they're not the same Labour party your Dad voted for. They're not in it for the working man!" But she won't have it. I can't speak any stronger words to my Nan than that, I wouldn't want to upset her.

My Dad votes Labour. "I'm a Yorkshireman, I would never vote for those facking Tories."

My stepdad says his dad was the biggest Conservative ever. LOVED the pound. Died a rich man, every principle he held in life was a Tory one. Voted Labour all his life.

So there are voters, who would vote Labour NO MATTER WHAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis_D View Post
    I am afraid there IS truth in it, millmoor. My nan, bless her, typical nan, love her to bits. And I obviously don't speak to her like I do on here, and I've had the odd few political conversations with her and she has told me she's always voted Labour. I said, "But why Nan? It's their fault the country is going to the dogs. Blair's Britain." She said, "I'll tell you why. When I was younger I asked my Dad who I should vote for, and he said, Jean, we vote Labour in this family. And I've stuck to that ever since." I said, "But Nan, they're not the same Labour party your Dad voted for. They're not in it for the working man!" But she won't have it. I can't speak any stronger words to my Nan than that, I wouldn't want to upset her.

My Dad votes Labour. "I'm a Yorkshireman, I would never vote for those facking Tories."

My stepdad says his dad was the biggest Conservative ever. LOVED the pound. Died a rich man, every principle he held in life was a Tory one. Voted Labour all his life.

So there are voters, who would vote Labour NO MATTER WHAT.
    There's also those who will vote anything but Labour despite the fact that only the Labour party will benefit their lives, basically voting for the tories, or worse still ukip, anyone earning under 80K is shooting a massive hole in their foot, and shooting a hole in the majority of the country's feet.

It's plain as day, the choice the vast majority of people in Rotherham/the country have, a protection of the nhs and welfare state, or the destruction of it.

Same with the Tories though Ellis daarn saarf particularly but also working class Tories who think they are a bit better than what they are. What my dear old mum would call working class snobs.

By the way I was interested in your point about Labour not being for the working man any more and I would agree that the ToryBlair government wasn't but I don't think ,whatever you think of Corbyn, that he wont be for the working man.

Just a comment about the OP. I do think Abbott is a bit of a liability for Labour but then again all partys have em...Boris....need I say more.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 30-05-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast