+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: o/t Ken Livingstone.

o/t Ken Livingstone.

I must admit the story of the Labour party investigating his alleged anti-semitic remarks passed me by at the time but recently I have come across various articles about his comments.

I read the reactions to his remarks from critics first and then looked up what Livingstone actually said. There must be some mistake I thought, I couldn't find anything offensive in them. Was there maybe another comment he made with the real offensive stuff in it? I looked again....and found nothing.

I wondered if all the Labour party members who got there knickers in a twist about Red Ken, actually read his comments? Or did they just see the word " Hitler" and automatically assume that it was going to be offensive.

I am not a fan of Ken Livingstone but I don't like to see people treated unfairly....and it seems to me that the Blairite Labour Luvvies have cooked this up to get rid of him

So were Red Ken's comments offensive in your opinion?

Nope....part of the Blairite campaign to oust Corbyn if you ask me, gleefully jumped on by the media of course.....

For me also, I'm not a ken fan but could not see what was offensive with his statements. whether or not his opinion / interpretation of historical events was correct or not is debatable. Free speech.

My first thought from what I read this time, certainly there was nothing wrong with it.

But then looking at comments he has made in the past, there's a few dodgy ones:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...d-jews-hitler/

Cannot stand Ken Livingstone, however he got a raw deal on this even though his comments were historically correct.

You have to remember that at the time of his comments the Labour Party, Corbyn and Abbott in particular were under the spotlight for anti Semitic views so a smokescreen was needed to avoid the hard questions. Along comes dear old Ken and he presents them with just that. It's also why he wasn't thrown out of the Labour Party because to do so would have drawn a line under the whole affair at a time when they needed to keep the story running. Whilst the press had the knives out for Ken the others were avoiding the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Cannot stand Ken Livingstone, however he got a raw deal on this even though his comments were historically correct.

You have to remember that at the time of his comments the Labour Party, Corbyn and Abbott in particular were under the spotlight for anti Semitic views so a smokescreen was needed to avoid the hard questions. Along comes dear old Ken and he presents them with just that. It's also why he wasn't thrown out of the Labour Party because to do so would have drawn a line under the whole affair at a time when they needed to keep the story running. Whilst the press had the knives out for Ken the others were avoiding the spotlight.
    What a load of made up nonsense that it ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    What a load of made up nonsense that it ^^^

Feck me your blinkers must look like barn doors