+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how low can the yahoos go?

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    not targeting the best players of your nearest rival to weaken competition is the gist of it, I think

To weaken rivals or strengthen Celtic? We've already shown how we can beat them with him in their team, so I don't see what difference it makes to them, is Cambusfud thinking were trying to weaken Aberdeen for the benefit of the Hun?

Celtic should pay the going rate for Roberts rather than try and take Hayes, then everyone is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevvy too 2 View Post
    To weaken rivals or strengthen Celtic? We've already shown how we can beat them with him in their team, so I don't see what difference it makes to them, is Cambusfud thinking were trying to weaken Aberdeen for the benefit of the Hun?
    Typical Tim big shot!! Can't you say his name instead of being the ignorant **** that you are?

B

So what is it you think we should be doing, it's easy to sit there on your fat erse slagging something off, but never an alternative, so why do you think we shouldn't be going for him and what should we be doing?

What is it with sellick fans and childish personal insults whenever you say something remotely against their club I have a rather slim arse, as it happens...

OK so you could stop taking the best players from other Scottish teams as has been pointed out (and usually to let them rot in your reserves or elsewhere)

You could vote for a 9-3 voting system instead of the grossly unfair and top heavy 11-1 system.

The impact of the increased importance of money in the game over the last 20 years has caused gaps which are only growing bigger. The gap between the Euro giants and the rest is increasing and designed to increase further and is becoming a borefest. Similarly the gap in Scotland has increased (and will continue to do so) and is becoming more of a borefest. Funny thing is teams liek sellick are right in the middle - 'benefiting' from this wealth disparity at home while suffering from it in Europe. Ive already lost interest in pro football for these reasons and now follow Maryhill when I am back in UK. Its in sellick's interest as much as anyone's (or should be if they have any ambition whatsoever beyond dominating Scottish fitba) to find a solution.

Celtic should pay the going rate for Roberts rather than try and take Hayes, then everyone is happy.
    What would the going rate for Roberts be? Likely to be well north of 5M with huge wages - and cash rich and all as they are I don't think Celtic are going to spend such money on players. Especially when there's a guy on their doorstep who might only be 85% as good but is going for say 20% of the price, and 20% of the wages - guestimates.

Celtic, and Rangers when they were around, used to buy the cream of the crop from most other Scottish clubs, and in time will sell them on for a profit.

But the other SPL team from whom they bought said player will themselves have in a lot of cases purchased the player from another club (in this case ICT who in turn got him from elsewhere) at a lesser fee. And so the pyramid goes.

B

So what is it you think we should be doing, it's easy to sit there on your fat erse slagging something off, but never an alternative, so why do you think we shouldn't be going for him and what should we be doing?
    Is this mair pearls of wisdom from " I used tae be a Celtic supporter..."
    Whit a fkn bellend,,,

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    What would the going rate for Roberts be? Likely to be well north of 5M with huge wages - and cash rich and all as they are I don't think Celtic are going to spend such money on players. Especially when there's a guy on their doorstep who might only be 85% as good but is going for say 20% of the price, and 20% of the wages - guestimates.

Celtic, and Rangers when they were around, used to buy the cream of the crop from most other Scottish clubs, and in time will sell them on for a profit.

But the other SPL team from whom they bought said player will themselves have in a lot of cases purchased the player from another club (in this case ICT who in turn got him from elsewhere) at a lesser fee. And so the pyramid goes.
    Johnny Hayes... 85% as good as Patrick Roberts...

Quote Originally Posted by fittiered View Post
    Typical Tim big shot!! Can't you say his name instead of being the ignorant **** that you are?

I know his name, never used it, so that boots your ignorance claim oot the windae.

If Celtic want him, and they get him and Aberdeen get a wedge, the folk that matter will be happy, nothing to do with anybody else.

Doubt the sheep fans would be happy. But don't then say there's no competition which is the point of the thread

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)