+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT Lords today

OT Lords today

95 quid and the game was over after 5 overs. Nothing to do but get pissed. So I did

Wasted, you could have watched the play-off finals whilst posting here and learned some valuable information and even the art of avoidance of any wrong answers.
    But maybe being pissed is better, since I'm still unable to learn of that indirect connection between Herr Chapman and our 2 clubs. Wikipedia may not be so useful as I anticipated or maybe one needs to know where and what to look.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    95 quid and the game was over after 5 overs. Nothing to do but get pissed. So I did
    I NEVER go to the Krikkit expecting it to be any good, then I'm pleasantly surprised when it is.

Typical England, win a couple of games think they are the dogs bollox then impersonate Derbyshire (who by the way are an utter disgrace and belittle the good name of the county!) by playing shiite!!
    You should be re-imbursed RR, still it was not much better here walking the dog in pouring rain!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Typical England, win a couple of games think they are the dogs bollox then impersonate Derbyshire (who by the way are an utter disgrace and belittle the good name of the county!) by playing shiite!!
    You should be re-imbursed RR, still it was not much better here walking the dog in pouring rain!
    Tbf that was very much a 'second string' XI in a 'dead rubber' so I wouldn't read too much into it.
    Watching live sport is always a bit of a gamble, pay the same for a 4-3 thriller as for a dull 0-0 no shots on target draw. That's just how it is and with cricket unfortunately the outcome can, as it was yesterday, be decided very early.
    Maybe people would have been much happier if the outcome had been reversed but enjoyment of sport is truly subjective. Yesterday's play off final for instance...totally dire but will probably remain as one of the best days ever in the minds of Huddersfield fans.

Should have gone to the Rose Bowl Rog.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Watching live sport is always a bit of a gamble
    ....apart from F1, which whether actually live, or live on TV, is almost guaranteed to be a snoozefest, race after race. And I say that as one of millions who STILL watches it, and who knows more about the history of the sport than anyone else I know. On Sunday I gave up with the Monaco GP and went and did some gardening, then watched the Indy 500 in the evening. What a race THAT was in comparison!

Yes sadly my local lad from Reigate dropped off the Indycar lead with about 7 laps to go and ended 4th. Still, well done anyway Max. And, especially for the disbelieving R4J, his Dad is also a director of one of my clients.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Yes sadly my local lad from Reigate dropped off the Indycar lead with about 7 laps to go and ended 4th. Still, well done anyway Max. And, especially for the disbelieving R4J, his Dad is also a director of one of my clients.
    yes I was rooting for Max, unfairly maligned as a daddy's boy in F1 and now doing well in a series where drivers make the difference as much as cars

Thought we were talking about 'sport'...not driving....zzzzzzzz

Incoming!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Thought we were talking about 'sport'...not driving....zzzzzzzz

Incoming!
    To each their own, R. My list of faves (Krikkit, Indycar, NFL, road cycling) produces sympathetic looks from strangers and amusement amongst my friends, who are even more amused that I have not the faintest idea about the Premier League or international footy despite being a died in the wool Derby fan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)