+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lyndon dykes

I agree totally with everything you have said.
    But gomis and prince- surly worth a punt.
    Most importantly we cannot afford anymore Nicole's.
    Shopping list
    X2 full backs(I'd keep Dillon as a spare)
    4 midfielders plus spittal
    And dare I through in k miller
    or c commons or n mcginn or

Quote Originally Posted by Oddsox View Post
    I agree totally with everything you have said.
    But gomis and prince- surly worth a punt.
    Most importantly we cannot afford anymore Nicole's.
    Shopping list
    X2 full backs(I'd keep Dillon as a spare)
    4 midfielders plus spittal
    And dare I through in k miller
    or c commons or n mcginn or
    No for even Gomis and Prince - young hungry players is the way forward.

Good ane about Dillon...he's has got to go.

Spittal will surely be off, has not developed to the extent we would want but I'm sure a St J / Well / Patrick etc would see him as a decent addition to their squad.

The last 3 names are a wind up???

We will be operating on a different transfer level, bumbling about for the odd gem

Given he's only 21, wouldn't we be due a development fee for Spittal? If so, I can see him staying.

Contracted to 2018. Not happening. We're in the Free transfers only market, and rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheAlien View Post
    On the subject of free agents.

Chris Burke Is leaving Ross County, would be good on the left with Billy King on the right.

Lionel Ainsworth at Motherwell,he'd be a cracking signing.

Nick Ross at Dundee, a hard working tough midfielder would be decent too.
    I thought Burke was being kept on to see if he could get over the illness that stopped his comeback. Agree about Ainsworth but dont know enough about Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerPetric View Post
    No for even Gomis and Prince - young hungry players is the way forward.

Good ane about Dillon...he's has got to go.

Spittal will surely be off, has not developed to the extent we would want but I'm sure a St J / Well / Patrick etc would see him as a decent addition to their squad.

The last 3 names are a wind up???

We will be operating on a different transfer level, bumbling about for the odd gem
    If Spittal is good enough for 3 middle of the premiership teams, then why is he not good enough for our championship side? He is still young and showed enough through the playoffs for me that he is worth keeping!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    If Spittal is good enough for 3 middle of the premiership teams, then why is he not good enough for our championship side? He is still young and showed enough through the playoffs for me that he is worth keeping!
    I'd agree with that. I like the laddie. He was poor vs Hamilton but I think he was fcuked. Remember he was not long back from a lengthy injury. A lot to ask to play 6 games so quickly.

Some mental shouts in here!

Niall McGinn and Kris Commons are so far out of our price range it's terrifying.

Kenny Miller has just signed on at Rangers, probably for more than our whole remaining squad gets a week. Chris Burke benefitting from Roy's millions at county and a perma crock.

Ainsworth signed for Plymouth, Nick Ross a reasonable shout but he'd pick Caley over us if offered, Gomis and buaben is basically this seasons equivalent of signing flood and both will be on significantly more currently than we can offer.

Get real lads

Quote Originally Posted by FTD1983 View Post
    Some mental shouts in here!

Niall McGinn and Kris Commons are so far out of our price range it's terrifying.

Kenny Miller has just signed on at Rangers, probably for more than our whole remaining squad gets a week. Chris Burke benefitting from Roy's millions at county and a perma crock.

Ainsworth signed for Plymouth, Nick Ross a reasonable shout but he'd pick Caley over us if offered, Gomis and buaben is basically this seasons equivalent of signing flood and both will be on significantly more currently than we can offer.

Get real lads
    A lot of sense in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    They will be able to offer him the 'prestige' of the top league and MORE money.

He might feel he needs a fresh start after having, overall, a pretty disappointing spell with us.

IMO he hasn't done enough to be kept and would prefer to try someone else. That said he had a few decent games at the end of the season so wouldn't be disappointed if he re-signed. Flood/Dillon on the other hand.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)