+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wes Brown

If he signs and does a good job for us, I could not care less who he has previously played for.

Given his playing record he can fill in at right back of course

....although I don't see him flying down the wing he is a decent footballer and could contribute on the attacking side even without pace?

Would be a good signing, I think, as Perry, George and the young defenders could learn so much from him - with all due respect to the defenders at the club, both playing and coaching, none could hold a candle to Brown as a player.

Not sure he will have the pace to play anywhere other than CB, in a back 2 or 3, but we haven't got his signature yet so let's not make too many predictions!

If Ray stays and we got WB what would the line up be? I'm just a little worried about Perry - he is small for a CH but not all teams have a big burly (or indeed any) CF. I don't him to be played out of position as I see him as a prospect unless, of course, if he was utilised as a covering midfielder.

It seems to have gone quiet on this topic - no more news?

I take it that means no more news!!!

Big Dave to talk about Wes Brown on radio joke sports breakfast tomorrow I would take him with a coaching role added

Quote Originally Posted by Preston76 View Post
    Big Dave to talk about Wes Brown on radio joke sports breakfast tomorrow I would take him with a coaching role added
    I'm still sceptical about signing him, I'm pretty sure there would be a younger defender that would do a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust View Post
    I'm still sceptical about signing him, I'm pretty sure there would be a younger defender that would do a good job.
    Me too, Chalky. But maybe we're looking more to the experience/coaching aspect and Ray is considered the 'younger defender' already here?

We all talk about experienced players coming in and then going into coaching within the club but how many coaches do we already have and have any left to make room for the new ones . There is also a cost factor to this , a new coach or a new player. What is more important?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast