+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why we are where we are...

Why we are where we are...

A few lines from the News which for me in the main explains why Pompey are looking for a new Manager officially as of today............For Cook’s part, the first thing to make clear is that he adamantly says he wanted to stay. It’s known he (Cook) was disappointed at a perceived lack of progress in discussions (with PFC) moving into something tangible, from the existing or prospective board. The Blues boss believes any improvements asked for were reasonable. Cook has also been left uncertain about what lies ahead for him when Michael Eisner completes his takeover. I have to say I am very grateful that Cook/Richardson etc got us out of the dreadful Div 2. That is why they came, were well paid by the Club and yes they achieved it. However I wasn't the only one who at times, before the Crewe debacle, who was often bored with the negativity displayed at home. Playing the hapless Smith up front alone being just one example. We are where we are and as a club now have to dust down and appoint the right replacement. That's football, it happens. As for the next manager I for one don't want Phil Brown (he has history of saying some awful things about our club). However, whoever it is, we all have to get behind the new man, backing him as we did Cook. Whoever our next Manager some won't want him, it wont be a universal choice for sure. I'll back him and hope all do too. P.U.P.

I think the Crewe game showed that supporters can have a very strong influence on things. Another example is when Palace beat Arsenal and the gunner's fans turned on the team. They began to perform after that game.

I wonder what the atmosphere's like at the club now - current owners on the way out but need to find a new manager. Will they be working with Eisner to sort it out? Got to say I had my doubts about whether Cook could work under Eisner. PC is terrible in interviews and ME knows the value of good PR for one thing.

Here's a question for you LDB - Phil Brown or Steve Mcclaren? Hopefully neither, but if it came down to those 2.

BBC South said the deal has been delayed, now the rumours are flying that the Wigan deal is off, but do the board here really want him to stay ? Tbh I really hope this is all sorted in the next 24 hours, its getting a bit silly now. I can't see the Wally in the Brolly in Div 1 so I'd have to grit my teeth and say Phil Brown. God knows what Corky would say about that when he returns from wherever he has gone. What sayeth you ?

The deal which takes Cook and Richardson to Wigan will be concluded today the News says. Of the names being mentioned to take over I'd go for Kenny Jackett. Exeter fans in the main would love to get rid of Tisdale, he's not for me.

Also just checked The News and would go with Jackett. Lots of experience in L1 with success.

I'd have said Tisdale a couple of years ago but he seems set in at Exeter, not sure he could handle the pressure here as well.

Kenny Jackett yes a safe pair of hands for me.

He's gone then

Bye Bye Cookie (plus Leam Richardson too).

Au revoir PC and co.

Mark Catlin's (a must keep imo) latest update is very interesting - particularly Eisner's plans.

Cool

Yes MC is a very important Cog in the Pompey Wheel. Thank God the days of Hayling resident Storrie are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by lovedeanblue View Post
    Yes MC is a very important Cog in the Pompey Wheel. Thank God the days of Hayling resident Storrie are long gone.
    There's the truth.

I won't have high hopes for promotion next season - even if we have Jackett as manager. I've no idea how Eisner will run the club if he gets in, so it depends how the new manager gets on with that. Mid-table would be ok but with strong signs that we'll challenge the season after. Promotion would be fantastic though. And as MC said that is the ultimate goal but not at the expense of bankruptcy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)