+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A complete travesty

A complete travesty

Huddersfield getting promoted is like a right kick in the nuts
    They lose to Burton,Bristol city (comprehensive fasion),Nottingham forest
    Field a weakened team against Birmingham who then go down to 10 men and they still lose
    This for me puts the cherry on top of a completely crap season and things hopefully will get better from here.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Field a weakened team against Birmingham who then go down to 10 men and they still lose
    This for me puts the cherry on top of a completely crap season and things hopefully will get better from here.
    I know what you mean, Robin. If I was paranoid, I would claim it has all been a plot!

I completely agree and have also said that they should have been punished in some way for picking a weaker team for the match at Birmingham. They showed no respect to the FL and to the fans that day, and its happening far too many times these days.
    I dont go along with the Huddersfield love fest as much as most fans are doing, but I have to state the obvious and say they have done well. (whether we like it or not)

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Look on the bright side.. You did the double over the champions..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M

Also Rovers fans, were you pleased to see Gary Bowyer and the Blacky Lashers win the play off Final ?
    Thats an interesting derby for your lot next season, along with teams like Wigan, Oldham, Rochdale, Fleetwood, & Bury.
    Have I missed anybody out.

Very pleased for Gary bowyer he is suited to the fire fighting role then delivering stability
    Will he do well at league one level?
    Maybe mid table no more than that
    He stabilised us but we were dropping down the league
    No manager could of saved a club that suffered at the hands of incompetent owners
    If you sell your best players you have to invest back in
    They didn't do that thus we are where we are.

I wish Huddersfield all the best ,their tactics worked out for them..

Big derby match next season.. The horse botherers v the Donkey lashers .. Hope the RSPCA are in attendance for these two games..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Big derby match next season.. The horse botherers v the Donkey lashers .. Hope the RSPCA are in attendance for these two games..
    Have you got any evidence to back up that comment Alf ? If not, I expect loads of horses and donkeys to take you to court for libel.

Hi lads, hope your all well. Its been a while.
    I agree with the anger aimed at Huddersfield. It was nothing short of disgraceful what they did, certainly against Brum. I hated that they went up, in no way did they deserve that.
    I have to say though, Huddersfield didn't employ Owen Coyle as manager. We did. Neither did they not sack him when they had a fighting chance of staying up. We went down because we employed the wrong person. Who then went and brought the wrong backroom staff in, and training was an absolute joke by all accounts. Had Mowbray been in all season, we'd have finished about 9th or 10th, easily.
    We didn't go down on one match that we didn't play in (Brum vrs Hudds) we went down for lots of reasons. Key games, Barnsley at home, Bristol at home .....both at such crucial stages. We lost all faith and hope in the Barnsley home defeat.
    Had Gallagher just held the ball in the corner vrs PNE (at home) in another crucial game, at a crucial moment, we'd have held out for 3 points. Instead he gave it away, and they went up the other end and equalised with the last kick of the game. He actually had a good season, so he can be forgiven. But it had a big part to play in us not getting enough points. A piss poor start to the season, that didn't help. Injuries to key players, at key times, that also played a huge part. No fans at home, that didn't help. The toxic atmosphere, that didn't help. Owners not being there or contributing any money to the squad, that also had a huge impact.

I saw the comments about Bowyer, I'd like to add ....he was treated disgracefully by the club. The fans ...imo ....where as bad. He was rounded on and people thought we where better than him. And now we face off in the same division. For that, I hope he comes and picks up 3 points home and away and sticks two fingers up at the knob heads who booed him, and the club that discarded him for doing a fantastic job, which he has carried on doing at Blackpool.

Most in the old days on here will know all about my Bury connections, so from that aspect next season, in the 2 Bury games, I'll be stuck. But my heart will always be with Bury. Especially in that game. Other than that, I hope Rovers have an okay season. Hopefully they will get a bit of confidence back. I just cant bring myself and go and sit week after week in a 32k stadium with about 3/4 thousand fans sat as quiet as a mouse. Ewood was built for the good times, and needs to be full ...... it is a god awful place (possibly one of the worst in the entire football league) when things aren't all rosey. Unlike Bolton, Sheff Utd, Leicester, Forest, Pomey who have all dropped like we have down to this level we wont keep the crowd, and the support. Blackburn don't have those types of fans sadly. That said, its a much smaller place, and the area is completely on its arse. And getting worse, mirroring the football club. Hopefully good days will one day return. The fans wont.
    But football has a funny way of going round in cycles. Look at where Burnley are as a club now. Their achievement of going up, staying up, making all that money, creating a brilliant academy from scratch without the money, all on a tiny budget is far far better than Jack Walker handing over his personal fortune to win one league title. So one day I hope we remember what Huddersfield did and one day I hope we get them back. But I get the feeling its going to be a long time before that happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)