+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wood signs new Rotherham United deal

Wood signs new Rotherham United deal

Theres some news for ya kempo...and I reckon thats good news..wouldnt want him to be main centre half but good squad man to cover injuries and suspensions to centre backs.

I hope we can still get Smallwood because he will take some replacing if he goes...

Happy with that. 1 yr deal is about right. Wood was solid 2nd part of last season. Belaid & Broadfoot can go. 4 centre backs with also Ajayi, Ball & Ihiekwe are enough.

I don't know why I don't go for a pre-match drink....I used to before every game and they always played better in those days.....

I'm afraid I see the game through extremely sober eyes - and I didn't see Wood being "solid" at any point last season.

But if you keep going down to suit the skills of certain individuals.....Wood will be playing in the Northern Premier for Rotherham United......just don't understand why the tail is shaking the dog at Rotherham - there is some serious things wrong with that club now.

This shows no ambition at all - the Pursehouse years are back !

Don't agree ibj. Think Wood is a bit slow but his positional sense and strength are still good. He will be ok with someone quick at the side of him like Ajayi and the new lad is apparently quick. He will also be playing in a lower league. I hope this view of yours of Wood is not to do with the fact that "he who shall not be named" wouldnt play him.

His place within the championship was a constant liability and he was rightly dropped. PW played him constantly and the goals kept rattling in ! He's signed another contract yet he was at the centre of all the things that were bad with our defence last year.

Halford gone - Kelly gone - Woods - despite his age - his speed - his ability
    ( last year ) appears to be Teflon coated as PW was during our "planned" descent into the third tier of English football.

Your right but "is a bit slow" is an understatement. And with our future being "youth" his place takes some understanding !

Good mates with the manager perhaps !

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    His place within the championship was a constant liability and he was rightly dropped. PW played him constantly and the goals kept rattling in ! He's signed another contract yet he was at the centre of all the things that were bad with our defence last year.

Halford gone - Kelly gone - Woods - despite his age - his speed - his ability
    ( last year ) appears to be Teflon coated as PW was during our "planned" descent into the third tier of English football.

Your right but "is a bit slow" is an understatement. And with our future being "youth" his place takes some understanding !

Good mates with the manager perhaps !
    I reckon that the young players that we have could learn a thing or two. We don't know him as a person.

I'm happy enough with this. I think in League One he can be good enough. Hopefully he will be a steadying influence for the young lads. Always good to have a bit of experience around.

Those very kind and sensible words Frog cover many an outrageous assault on some of our players last season.....yet Wood seems to get the benefit of the doubt every time.

Four things make me uncomfortable for our club and I find them difficult to ignore!

1... PW getting the shout about the managers job despite an atrocious points tally ( bolstered by 12 points from very poor teams - on the day - worse than us )

2...Yates being our poster boy when he is only non-league standard - I've said this before - that if I walked up to a Rotherham match with him playing - I'd say - his dad's the manager....

3... Wood - yes dropped by Stubbs as a liability - and that showed throughout the season.....and now he's someone the kids can learn from.....Well watch the Villa match away for his contribution to our downfall.....and that was typical of his input.

4... Over emphasis on finding "diamonds" in non-league players....

I pay to see something special at a professional football match....this is turning into an old pals team....that's no good !

The foot has definitely been taken off the ambition accelerator and we are in neutral rolling forward. My problem with this is that the only way anything can go forward in neutral is to roll downhill !

Happy about this and even more so because of lbj's irrational dislike for Wood who he blames for most of our ills last season.
    Whereas he who shall not be named did absolutely nothing wrong in his thankfully short tenure. Who was it that signed Kelvin Wilson again? Now he really strengthened the back line didn't he? 😕

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast