+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Official site

Thumbs up Official site

Eek! What's happened??????

Like all website changes, it is not always possible to see why you change something that works. However, the site does look more professional and we will eventually get used to its quirks and navigate our way around.

It does look more professional; all we need now is for a similar improvement in the content!

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    It does look more professional; all we need now is for a similar improvement in the content!
    Does it do grammar and spelling checks?

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Does it do grammar and spelling checks?
    Well if it's run by the same crowd who do our match day programme that'll clearly be a no.😔

If the same crowd upload documents from a decent word processor it should do both! I'm not holding my breath.

I have no objection to direct quotes from our manager or players being 'wrong'; let's face it they may not always be spot on (which of us is when speaking) but there's no excuse for the rest of the content.

I like it - it keeps saying that we've made some good new signings. Can't remember the old site telling us that!

Quote Originally Posted by Roebuck View Post
    I like it - it keeps saying that we've made some good new signings. Can't remember the old site telling us that!
    That was probably more to do with the club not actually signing anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    If the same crowd upload documents from a decent word processor it should do both! I'm not holding my breath.

I have no objection to direct quotes from our manager or players being 'wrong'; let's face it they may not always be spot on (which of us is when speaking) but there's no excuse for the rest of the content.
    Exactly.
    And if I open the club programme again this season only to find that we were promoted in '63-'64 I'll be far from impressed. 😐

I take it back. Now that content is beginning to appear, it's beginning to look better.

And t's brought news of another early signing