+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours - summer signings

Club shop will be rubbing their hands the cost of getting that name on a shirt

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    We will need a nickname for him if he sign's.
    Cedrick

Paul Quinn the ex Ross County skipper to be joining us according to the Tully

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Paul Quinn the ex Ross County skipper to be joining us according to the Tully
    Another defender(right back)decent player by the way but i thought Ray said the defence was sorted?.

I wish we could just pull off one major signing who can sell 500 season tickets in a day,ken what i mean?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Another defender(right back)decent player by the way but i thought Ray said the defence was sorted?.
    Ray didn't say the defence was sorted. A poster on here said the defence was sorted.

Might be a signing today or tomorrow according to Ray on arabzone, no names mentioned. Wants at least another 4 signings, 2 strikers, at least 1 midfielder and another goalie. Didn't say anything about wanting another defender, bit strange with Quinn being on trial

2 midfielders and 2 strikers is what he mentioned. He later added a goalkeeper to that. He also talks about Keatings/Fraser playing the no.10 role which to me says he's going with 4231 again.

Quinn signing would be great. Good that we could go from Quinn Durnan Edge Scobbie to say Murdoch Quinn Scobbie Robson. Competition for places is what brings good performances. Plus with the old reserve league coming back players not starting in the first team will be getting a run-out in that. No more of that Development pish. IMO we'll see more youngsters coming through when they are involved against senior pros in the reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    2 midfielders and 2 strikers is what he mentioned. He later added a goalkeeper to that. He also talks about Keatings/Fraser playing the no.10 role which to me says he's going with 4231 again.
    Hearing Fyvie and Quinn both to be announced tomorrow.

Ray mentioning the number 10 role doesn't mean he'll be going 4231. It means that once we get a couple of strikers in we'll finally have a squad that can play both 442 and 4231 where required. Both formations have their benefits. Keatings playing as a number 10 is very different to Fraser/Andreu playing number 10 as he wants to be in that box. Plus King and McMullan are both more old fashioned wingers who I reckon will be more comfortable in a 442 but can also go for the 4231 if that's what is best for the specific games.

Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)