+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours - summer signings

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Dont agree with this at all. Running about like a headess chicken is what Flood does. He's done it since day one and he's still doing it. It was the reason most started to get on his back when he was here previously. It was the reason i didnt want him back in the summer and its now the reason most dont want him signing a new deal. He runs about daft, leaves gaps everywhere, passes from side to side, demands the ball back then loses it. Its what Flood does and it doesnt matter who's playing alongside him.
    Spot on......and we can look forward to more of the above this year coming, a year older and slower too , wonder how exposed the defence will be again !!!

not too fussed about flood re-signing, he's a good player to have around the squad with some good experience. he fell away last season and hoping with possible other CMs signing he wont be relied on as much which will keep him fresher for the latter parts of the season.

about mcmullan i cant say im overly excited about possibly signing him but he done okay last year with dunfermline. id be hoping if we did sign him then we would have other players targeted as i wouldnt be wanting him as a key player from what ive seen so far. willing to give him a chance if we did sign him

United Sign McMullan

June 23, 2017

Dundee United announced on Friday the signing of wide player Paul McMullan. The 21-year-old joins United on a two-year contract.

Paul has represented Scotland at U16, U17, U19 and U21 levels.

The winger came through Celtic’s youth Academy and has enjoyed loan periods at Stenhousemuir, St Mirren, Greenock Morton and Dunfermline.

He joins James Keatings, Billy King and Thomas Scobbie as Manager Ray McKinnon’s summer signings so far and will wear the Tangerine until June 2019.

Paul said, “I was aware of United’s interest from the end of the season, and It was a case of coming back from holiday and waiting on the club’s agreeing on the deal. The Manager spoke to me and explained how he wants to play and what my role would be, and it appealed to me. I see this as a fantastic opportunity for me to progress my career at a great Club.

“I would like to think the United fans will enjoy my style of play as I am very direct and enjoying creating chances. I am looking forward to doing all I can to help the Club secure promotion this season.”

Manager Ray McKinnon said, “Paul is an excellent attacking option, and once I realised that he might be available, I worked quickly to make it happen. It is important that we bring in the right players to ensure a balance within the squad and today’s signing gives us greater options out wide.”

“Paul is the right age, wants to play his part in securing promotion for United, and his style will entertain fans, he is an old-fashioned winger. He has incredible pace and will drive at defenders. He gives us another exciting attacking option, and I am delighted to bring him to Tannadice.”

The Championship campaign kicks off for United with a trip to Inverness CT on 5 August, and the first home game is the following week (12 August) when Queen of the South visit Tannadice.

A season ticket represents the best value for securing your seat at every league game and the early-bird period runs until Sunday 2 July and prices until that date are as follows:

Adults from £299, Seniors from £175, U18s from £165 and U12s from only £18!

Season tickets can be purchased online, in person at the ticket centre or by calling 01382 833166 (option 1).

I think Ray is now putting his cards on the table with this one. And if he is doing his business one day at a time, i feel a bit better that he will assemble his team before the cup kick-off! Cant help thinking that we should be trying harder to get Mikkelsen or similar to benefit from the supply chain that Ray is assembling.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I think Ray is now putting his cards on the table with this one. And if he is doing his business one day at a time, i feel a bit better that he will assemble his team before the cup kick-off! Cant help thinking that we should be trying harder to get Mikkelsen or similar to benefit from the supply chain that Ray is assembling.
    Thing is, nobody really knows other than RM at what stage we are at and with whom, still time to pull a decent squad together without shouting it from the rooftops. So far so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    i expect and hope that rays holding out for someone similar but better. ive been impressed with the signings so far but we're still incredibly short

Think there is still 4 or 5 still come in, the defence is sorted there's no point adding as we've got adequate cover, for me I'd like 2 centre Mids, another winger/number 10 and 2 strikers

Quote Originally Posted by USArab View Post
    Thing is, nobody really knows other than RM at what stage we are at and with whom, still time to pull a decent squad together without shouting it from the rooftops. So far so good!
    Totally agree. NO ONE knows what is going on behind the scenes. Just because we haven't signed Mikklesen or another, doesnt mean we aren't trying. We cant just go out and sign any old player thats tied to a club. Its simply not that easy. All our signings so far have been free agents and there's a reason for that. These guys are easier to get in the door than someone who's under contract (Mikkelsen) OR someone who is waiting to see if there are other options on the table (Fyvie/Buaben).

Quote Originally Posted by dundeeunitedfc83 View Post
    Think there is still 4 or 5 still come in, the defence is sorted there's no point adding as we've got adequate cover, for me I'd like 2 centre Mids, another winger/number 10 and 2 strikers
    The defence is sorted? how do you work that out???

Have you heard what mckinnons been saying on Arabzone??

Page 41 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)