+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours - summer signings

This Mehmet keeper has it in his own hands to grab the number one slot and make it his own. Personally I'd get shot of Bell. What was it Jim McLean said? You have to live in Dundee. Getting back to these principals is a good thing. Hope we sign another experienced keeper on another one year deal so we have both pushing for the number one position. The other to be playing in the reserves to keep his match fitness up.

Pity we couldn't also sign Billy Mehmet. We could have Mehmet must score and what a save from Mehmet.

And to think the plumber took dogs abuse from some on here....

So, we have a keeper who's wanted away for at least 6 weeks.

Let him go. Must be replaced with experience first though.

Give Deniz the gloves & let Bell do the dreaded commute til we have a #1.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePearson View Post
    Might have been good as a player/coach in the Steve Banks mould but we've got Stuart Garden. What are we going to do when Cammy leaves? When's that happening again? 😉
    Soon it seems 😉

He's a good keeper, hardly an outstanding keeper, only time will tell for the new lad but canny say im to bothered abt bell going.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    And to think the plumber took dogs abuse from some on here....
    I'm not sure how be really did about this. A lot of folk asking how he got this info though.

Cammy is a decent keeper......but that's it, decent so possibly not a great loss.

For every great save he gave us last year you can also count a howler or bad positioning or not coming for easy crosses. He lost a good few goals.

Good shot stopper at times but doesn't dominate his box which puts as much pressure on our defenders as Willo does in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'm not sure how be really did about this. A lot of folk asking how he got this info though.
    He got the piss ripped out of him on here from various posters saying 'oh whens bell away'

Just shows you eh...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    He got the piss ripped out of him on here from various posters saying 'oh whens bell away'

Just shows you eh...
    Who was saying that?

Bells replacement from a Port Vale fans forum:

Although he's far from the only substandard player in the squad I'm in despair at what a poor keeper he is. I honestly think he's the worst keeper I can remember playing for us and that says something considering the efforts of the likes of Mike Stowell or Chris Martin. It shows how bad this season has been when we lost Alnwick and replaced him with two pub league standard keepers who have cost us loads of goals. Both goals today were woeful from a goalkeeping perspective, the first a cross that a keeper should come for every day of the week and at least punch and the second a schoolboy save that he seemed to cock up by diving out of the way of the ball.

Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)