+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 71 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours - summer signings

Dundee United are expected to sign Dutch midfielder Jordie Briels today.

The 25-year-old former Fortuna Sittard player has returned to the Netherlands to prepare for the switch to Scotland and on his return will agree a deal with the Tangerines.

Briels has been involved in United’s pre-season build-up and now looks likely to make his competitive debut against Raith Rovers in the opening Betfred Cup Group C tie at Tannadice on Saturday.

Tangerines boss Ray McKinnon said: “Jordie has done really well for us during his trial here and is really fit and aggressive.

“We are really pleased with him and he would be a good addition to our 18-man squad.

“He is the right age and maybe a bit different to what we have.

“He is a hard-working, box-to-box midfielder who likes to tackle and has high energy.

“He should complement the players we already have.”

United are also in the market for a goalkeeper and they could now widen their scope to include more than just on-trial Turkish shot-stopper Deniz Mehmet.

It is understood that first-choice goalie Cammy Bell is among a group of United players who are carrying injuries so any new face would also be a candidate to face Raith.

McKinnon said: “We have a few niggly injuries and I’d say there are three or four struggling just now.

“That has stretched us a bit and we really need to strengthen.”
    https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...jordie-briels/

The cross dressing is FAF !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Its now well past the first week of June, just saying
    Ken mate, am meeting with my 'informant' over weekend so will hopefully manage to bend an ear to see what the hold up is, or indeed whether it's a goer at all?

I know it's frustrating waiting, b&t has already been at me! but spare a thought for Stephen Thompson, he can't get the Royal Arch bought until a deal is done with United

jordi looks like an upgrade combo of paton / easton

still think at least 2 light including back up keeper & creative mid

ray under major budget constraints

no wanting to scrape the barrel 4 preseasons on a row hit jan than crumble?

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    ken mate, am meeting with my 'informant' over weekend so will hopefully manage to bend an ear to see what the hold up is, or indeed whether it's a goer at all?

I know it's frustrating waiting, b&t has already been at me! But spare a thought for stephen thompson, he can't get the royal arch bought until a deal is done with united
    ^^^^ like

Quote Originally Posted by PUTAMADRE View Post

ray under major budget constraints
    Aye, seems to be, incredible considering the players who have juts left the club, alot of big earners away...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    New poster? long time reader? or just registered to have a pop at people?
    Why are you so defensive of Gunboat? Seems if anyone criticises him or plumber you are all over them? I'm sure they can handle themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by thefutureistangerine4 View Post
    Why are you so defensive of Gunboat? Seems if anyone criticises him or plumber you are all over them? I'm sure they can handle themselves.

I actually wasn't being defensive of him in this instance, i was asking a genuine question, brand new poster comes on and first post is a pop at someone for a post from weeks ago.

I will be defensive of someone i agree with, if SB71, Ram, the guy etc say something i agree with and someone has a pop if im of the same opinion then i'll speak up, just the same as you and shedka, smeds etc

edit to say- ive never quoted or replied to gunboat or anyone whos quoted or replied to him on this thread
    Last edited by offshore_arab83; 12-07-2017 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thefutureistangerine4 View Post
    Clique?

Quote Originally Posted by JoePearson View Post
    Clique?
    You know all about that....

Page 71 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)