+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours - summer signings

Thank **** he's gone, 1 good game in about 15, honking

Glad he's gone myself. Not willing to get stuck in and always jumps out of the way of challenges. Scared of his own shadow.

A player that plays out wide and can't cross a ball should instantly be shown the door. Well done united, dead wood clear out continue's.

Glad he didn't sign for Dundee FC.
    I think he will blossom into a very good player.
    I can't see how Ray is going to attract any decent players to STs failing team.
    I hope I am proved wrong on both counts.

If Spittal was anything special we wouldn't have just let him wind down his contract would we? We would've started offering him an extension a year ago.

Really struggling to think of a stand out attribute he has! he is bang average at everything he does.

Another young player bought with the hope of a sell on value that ended with yet another wet pump.

Bye Blair.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    slightly disappointed about how its worked out for spittal at tannadice.

the season before we got relegated the next "group of talented youngsters" to step up have ultimately done nothing at united.
    Connolly, Telfer and now Spittal have been released or left at end of contract. so either they were all poor and over hyped to something they werent or they were dragged down to the level of negativity that was around tannadice after the GMS/Armstrong window.
    they all showed glimpses of what they could have done but not consistent enough and probably all needed another season being in and out of the team instead of being forced to be the main players for us which they clearly werent ready for. Guys like telfer/connolly/fraser/spittal were relied on to be the different for us in relegated season when they werent up to that level yet.

i think spittal will do well at Partick. hes hard working and can cover a few positions which will suit them. he has shown he can take a goal and put in a good cross. With less pressure and confidence he could be a key player for them next season.
    I'd pretty much agree with all of that, mate. All 4 of those players had enough potential and talent to suggest they could be very good players for us long term. A combination of poor coaching (or lack of coaching, to be more precise) and their confidence being destroyed has seriously hindered them. I wouldn't be surprised if Spittal turns out to be a great signing for Thistle.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    I'd pretty much agree with all of that, mate. All 4 of those players had enough potential and talent to suggest they could be very good players for us long term. A combination of poor coaching (or lack of coaching, to be more precise) and their confidence being destroyed has seriously hindered them. I wouldn't be surprised if Spittal turns out to be a great signing for Thistle.

Maybe they're just no very good.

Connolly is playing in the equivalent of a Sunday league team, Telfer wants to be a painter and decorator, Fraser has talent but the heart of a flea, Spittal has moved to those Galsgow giants, Partick Thistle.

McConolouge, Duff, McCunnie and Cameron all had potential too

Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    McConolouge, Duff, McCunnie and Cameron all had potential too
    Yep. Spark and JJ, too. Maybe we're just not doing enough to harness these boys' potential. A club like us can't afford not to make the most of our youth system.

Good news and good luck to Spittal in the future.

Flood and Donaldson to go now, Fraser too if someone wants to buy.

Clean slate and time for Ray to show what he's made of !

Page 22 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)