+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 157

Thread: Lack of signings?

  1. #1

    Lack of signings?

    Is anyone else a bit worried by the lack of signings? The two we have are average to be honest and not exactly making me wish the new season to start already.

    Apparently Hardy is now saying next signing is in 10 days, bearing in mind we need to sign a whole new squad (that includes returning players), we surely need to make some signings soon? big ones that can excite us fans as well because at the moment, I can't see us even threatening the playoffs

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,414
    I think most of us would like to see a bit more activity but it's far too early to panic.

    After last season I think most would be happy for a top ten finish with at least an outside chance of a play off spot.
    Last edited by Vladpie; 30-05-2017 at 10:45 PM.

  3. #3
    Most players' contracts for last season won't finish until tomorrow, nothing to worry about for a good while yet imo, we always have a few people worrying in pre season that we haven't signed enough players but it's always a non issue.

  4. #4
    I'm not too worried, it's not as if every team has completed their squad. I thought it's 30th June that contracts run to, but I might be wrong there.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmypieback View Post
    Is anyone else a bit worried by the lack of signings? The two we have are average to be honest and not exactly making me wish the new season to start already.

    Apparently Hardy is now saying next signing is in 10 days, bearing in mind we need to sign a whole new squad (that includes returning players), we surely need to make some signings soon? big ones that can excite us fans as well because at the moment, I can't see us even threatening the playoffs
    Depends upon how much he is prepared to pay?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmypieback View Post
    Is anyone else a bit worried by the lack of signings? The two we have are average to be honest and not exactly making me wish the new season to start already.

    Apparently Hardy is now saying next signing is in 10 days, bearing in mind we need to sign a whole new squad (that includes returning players), we surely need to make some signings soon? big ones that can excite us fans as well because at the moment, I can't see us even threatening the playoffs
    You've sort of answered your own question there buddy. Until the players we've offered contracts have let us know what they plan to do then it's a waiting game. No point splashing the cash in one area if our players in another position decide to look elsewhere. We've covered our gaps in the wide positions and I'll wait to see what happens further. No rush.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,636
    Quote Originally Posted by rorylee View Post
    You've sort of answered your own question there buddy. Until the players we've offered contracts have let us know what they plan to do then it's a waiting game. No point splashing the cash in one area if our players in another position decide to look elsewhere. We've covered our gaps in the wide positions and I'll wait to see what happens further. No rush.
    The close season is taking the normal route with clubs with more money than Notts beating us to key signings early on. This will never end under Hardy as it never ended under Ray Trew unless a lot of dosh is pumped in. The future is in Mr Hardys youth ideas and he would be wise to pump more into that. We would all be wise to be patient as if we haven't learned as a fan base that rushing gets you nowhere in the last 6-7 years we never will. I would be happy with 6-7 ok signings and top 10 finish next year with the same manager all season. No point in getting all fancy dan when your club and budget isn't.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eire
    Posts
    2,409
    You will probably find players that have signed for new clubs already were "tapped up " in Jan when clubs knew they were out of contract in the Summer.As for Evans,he can "talk the talk",he did in the last window,but didn't deliver.11 new players that are probably being over paid to sign.not many to be fair stand out for me.
    Come Sept,the owd adage of "it takes time for a team to gel",will be his excuse.

  9. #9
    Lots of time no panic at all. long as come 3.00pm on 1st day of season we have a team that can maybe achieve something, that's all that matters

  10. #10
    I strongly suspect that until we get answers from Ameobi,Stead & Grant we are holding back a little, so we could do with decisions being made sooner rather than later. If we were to sign all of these players (Grant is still a possible loanee) then it would use up a fair amount of our budget as well as probable changing the positions that we are looking for. Grant we can do little about as he is probably waiting on Forest but the other two I would be pushing for a quick answer ( KN himself said that he wouldn't sign anyone who had any hesitation in coming) & although I wouldn't mind either or both signing I would suspect that they would be among the higher earners.

  11. #11
    Footballers, like us, like to go on holiday, Nolan is on his hols till the weekend, nowt will happen till at least then.

  12. #12
    A clue might be in the link someone put up the other day with AH agreeing with the statement put out by the P'Boro(?) chairman. Early close season expectation from players/agents pricing themselves out of consideration. Having said that I would like to think that we will not go the last minute "Anyone got a pair of boots?" route.
    Pretty sure KN will have his list ready, just got to hope AH can do the business.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Footballers, like us, like to go on holiday, Nolan is on his hols till the weekend, nowt will happen till at least then.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    A clue might be in the link someone put up the other day with AH agreeing with the statement put out by the P'Boro(?) chairman. Early close season expectation from players/agents pricing themselves out of consideration. Having said that I would like to think that we will not go the last minute "Anyone got a pair of boots?" route.
    Pretty sure KN will have his list ready, just got to hope AH can do the business.
    These two posts are spot on. Don't know why everyone is panicking.

    We've tried Mansfield's scattergun approach in the past. It didn't work.

    In our financial position, we're not going to pay the silly money some of these players appear to be asking.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    These two posts are spot on. Don't know why everyone is panicking.

    We've tried Mansfield's scattergun approach in the past. It didn't work.

    In our financial position, we're not going to pay the silly money some of these players appear to be asking.
    Someone will be willing to pay though, and then we're left with scraps. I just think Hardy has shot his mouth off and he's only really got one season to prove himself. A lot of people have bought season tickets based on his hype, I just hope he can back it up

  15. #15
    AH Tweeted:

    Alan Hardy‏Verified account @Bigalanh5

    Alan Hardy Retweeted Jonny Upton

    Spot on 👍👍

    Alan Hardy added,
    Jonny Upton @jonnybwana
    Replying to @Bigalanh5
    How many more likely? GK, 2 defenders, striker and a full back?


    But next season has to be one of consolidation with moderate progress surely? Both on and off the pitch.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    But next season has to be one of consolidation with moderate progress surely? Both on and off the pitch.
    I'd settle for that. Anything else would be a bonus in my opinion.

  17. #17
    Anyone reading owt into the LeTissier tweet last night ?
    Possible loans from Saints ?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by snipe_pie View Post
    Anyone reading owt into the LeTissier tweet last night ?
    Possible loans from Saints ?
    I noticed that. Interesting, if it was genuine.

    Wouldn't mind a player or two from their academy, judging by who's come out of it in the past.

  19. #19
    AH says one of Shola /Stead very close the other willl tie up in a couple of weeks

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eire
    Posts
    2,409
    Believe it was said last week that, mobis agent was happy with the offer from Notts'

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •