+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Porter signs

Chris Porter signs

On a 2 year contract. The 33 year old Colchester striker scored 16 goals last season. his best season for a decade. Think that covers our forwards for next season.

Yes welcome Chris to the Alex 2 good midfield players and possibly a full back and we're good to go ?

Quote Originally Posted by Preston76 View Post
    Yes welcome Chris to the Alex 2 good midfield players and possibly a full back and we're good to go ?
    Possibly a centre-half or two and a midfielder?

Where is Ray holding out for a better deal elsewhere?

My guess is one experienced midfielder, one centre back or right back (ideally a defender who could play both) and maybe a young loanee winger if we can find one with pace

I think that will be about it as the hope will be that 2 or 3 of our youngsters push for places in the team

DA is certainly adding experience to our crop of youngsters. It will be very interesting to see who is the next through the door.

Good signings to date by DA. Does anyone know what is going on with Ray? As DA has not mentioned him at all having asked those out of contract to "man up" and tell him if they wish to leave, it looks as if he has been given a later deadline and his agent has been scurrying around to find a better deal. However, DA cannot leave it much longer to confirm what positions he needs to fill.

I guess he can't withdraw the contract offer or we may weaken our position regarding compensation. As has been said on another thread, we get dosh for an under 24 if we've offered a contract, which is currently in place - presumably he is still our player and we're paying his wages until the end of June.

I'm not especially worried as DA has clearly planned well for his summer recruitment and Ray would seem to be the only piece of the jigsaw in doubt at the moment; I'd be surprised if the manager didn't have a Plan B, which is at least one plan more than his predecessor!

I hope we don't get the same situation with Ray as we had with Clayton, where the season kicks off and he is scurrying around trying to find another club. Personally I hope Ray puts pen to paper otherwise we will be short at the back. Just another midfield player now and possibly another defender, then we are good to go.

Ray will sign but he has absolutely no need to rush and he will know that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast