+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 107 of 110 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1092

Thread: 4 new faces at least

I think McInnes should be asked to explain his thinking with this one.
    It was reported that he was after a commanding centre half.
    He's signed a guy who's 6' 1".
    Now, he may be a decent player this guy - I've no idea, I don't remember him at Rangers - and I'm willing to give him a shot, but I would like to know whether McInnes views Ball as the commanding defender he was looking for and, if so, how he squares that with Ball being just 6' 1"?
    Will we get some proper journalism from someone who'll ask him straight?
    Anyway, welcome to Ball. He deserves a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by afc_1983 View Post
    I think McInnes should be asked to explain his thinking with this one.
    It was reported that he was after a commanding centre half.
    He's signed a guy who's 6' 1".
    Now, he may be a decent player this guy - I've no idea, I don't remember him at Rangers - and I'm willing to give him a shot, but I would like to know whether McInnes views Ball as the commanding defender he was looking for and, if so, how he squares that with Ball being just 6' 1"?
    Will we get some proper journalism from someone who'll ask him straight?
    Anyway, welcome to Ball. He deserves a chance.
    To be fair 6'1 is relatively tall for a footballer is it not? McLeish was only 6'.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    To be fair 6'1 is relatively tall for a footballer is it not? McLeish was only 6'.
    He's supposedly 1cm shorter than Mark Reynolds, although he is bulkier.

6' 1" is not particularly tall for a central defender.

It's not small, but our defence lacks a real giant to go and win everything in the air - say what you like about Taylor, and he did have his faults, but he won nearly everything in aerial duals with centre forwards.

Partick scored from 2 set pieces last weekend. We know Boyata had a field day last season even with Ash in there for Celtic, so we're still vulnerable there. Can't gift teams like Celtic and Rangers etc an advantage due to a lack of presence.

I'd like to see us go with Arnason and Reynolds for a bit. Nothing against O'Connor (or Ball) but Arnason is our tallest defender.

The real question is, how many on here are willing to forget him wearing that ƒucking tie?

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 13.11.43.jpg
Views: 1024
Size:  14.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    The real question is, how many on here are willing to forget him wearing that ƒucking tie?

Quote Originally Posted by afc_1983 View Post
    He's supposedly 1cm shorter than Mark Reynolds, although he is bulkier.

6' 1" is not particularly tall for a central defender.

It's not small, but our defence lacks a real giant to go and win everything in the air - say what you like about Taylor, and he did have his faults, but he won nearly everything in aerial duals with centre forwards.

Partick scored from 2 set pieces last weekend. We know Boyata had a field day last season even with Ash in there for Celtic, so we're still vulnerable there. Can't gift teams like Celtic and Rangers etc an advantage due to a lack of presence.

I'd like to see us go with Arnason and Reynolds for a bit. Nothing against O'Connor (or Ball) but Arnason is our tallest defender.
    6'1" is plenty tall enough for a centre back it's technique that's the problem. May is a centre forward and isn't skilled at going for high balls as a defender would. Would Eric Black have made a centre half? (probably actually but not the point). When Conso is out and with Taylor gone i would like to see Lewis coming for more more until we get a commanding defender or two. Hate to criticise him because he's been great but against Partick i think he could have come and punched.
    Anyway we won so it's moot but we do look vunerable at set pieces.

Only just found out we made a deadline day signing Dominic ball then

jeez!

Of course.
    He went to the Hunnery and then rejected them.
    He's opted to join a better team in the Scottish Premiership.

He's now a Don.
    Once a Don, always a Don.

Welcome aboard loon and hope you score against your previous club

Personally I couldn't give a monkey's chuffer who he used to play for as he gives his all in a Dons shirt

Page 107 of 110 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast