+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 new faces at least

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Agreed. Hes better than Taylor
    Not just now as he is out for 9 months with leg injury.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The names on the original post;

Tansey - as you say done deal
    Crawford - no thanks - not an upgrade
    Maloney - good player, but always injured - think it would backfire as can't guarantee 30 games out of him
    Lindsay - as Paudolski said, way out of our reach and is he that good? Certainly not £750k worth of good
    Devlin - out long term and is no better than Ash Taylor IMO

My tuppence worth?

Largely depends on who goes does it not?
    It could be a clusterf*ck of a summer if McInnes goes
    He could potentially take any/some of Lewis, Shinnie, Hayes, McLean

Let's assume that it's "just" Jonny that goes and we get £1m

I'd look to try and get;

- Centre half - no idea who, I'm not a scout, but neither of the above - likely it'll be a lower league player from England
    - Ryan Christie (on the assumption we receive a fee for Jonny)
    - a winger - not sure - GMS has been linked and if we got the "Dundee Utd" GMS then that wouldn't be bad. Greg Stewart on loan with a view to signing?
    - a centre forward - off load Storey and replace him
    - possibly another centre mid but depends on what budget is left as we have Tansey, Shinnie, McLean & O'Connor that can play there
    - ideally I'd like two centre halves but very unlikely

to be honest, we can't really plan anything until we know the managerial situation, which is a ballache
    GMS is being linked with Sheff United so thats not happening if they are interested.

Apparently Christie isn't keen to move here permanently, to me its a waste of time taking him on loan again we need our best players available when we play Celtic.

Greg Stewart might be a good signing I would imagine his game time will be even more limited once Redknapp floods his team with ex spurs and QPR players.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    GMS is being linked with Sheff United so thats not happening if they are interested.

Apparently Christie isn't keen to move here permanently, to me its a waste of time taking him on loan again we need our best players available when we play Celtic.

Greg Stewart might be a good signing I would imagine his game time will be even more limited once Redknapp floods his team with ex spurs and QPR players.
    Stewart is also being linked with Hearts and MK Dons.

If Christie doesn't want to come to AFC, then Celtic don't get Hayes unless they pay WAY over the odds, say £2m. Otherwise, he can go to England

These 4 players must be 1st team picks, lads that can come straight in and play week in week out, if required. NO SQUAD PLAYERS. Squad players should be our kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    If Christie doesn't want to come to AFC, then Celtic don't get Hayes unless they pay WAY over the odds, say £2m. Otherwise, he can go to England

These 4 players must be 1st team picks, lads that can come straight in and play week in week out, if required. NO SQUAD PLAYERS. Squad players should be our kids.
    In theory that's fine
    Reality is maybe different.
    What I mean is this;
    Say Notts Forest offer £1m and we accept that, then Celtic will also offer that - they wouldn't offer say £1.25m
    We then would have a very unhappy player if he's not allowed to talk to Celtic but is Notts Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    Stewart is also being linked with Hearts and MK Dons.
    He's be an excellent signing to replace McGinn
    Plays on the right (although he's an out and out leftie)

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    In theory that's fine
    Reality is maybe different.
    What I mean is this;
    Say Notts Forest offer £1m and we accept that, then Celtic will also offer that - they wouldn't offer say £1.25m
    We then would have a very unhappy player if he's not allowed to talk to Celtic but is Notts Forest.
    I guess it wouldn't matter to us rst, he would be at Notts Forest and would be their unhappy player

I wouldn't have thought he would be desperate to go to Celtic anyway, I suggested a while back he was a Tim and was told on here that he wasn't.

As it stands, we need to replace McGinn, Taylor, Alexander and Pawlett.

McGinn guarantees about 15 assists and 15 goals a season so he's going to be a major loss.
    Taylor, for all his faults, wins absolutely everything in the air. We need someone similar to dominate at the back.
    Pawlett was a bit-part player, but he was a very good deputy. The squad needs depth.
    Alexander was a useful back-up to Lewis. Could we promote Rodgers and save us some money in the goalkeeper department?

The board simply must back the manager this summer. There's no excuse here. We'll be on for record turnover from last season so we should have some money about to reinvest. It'd be worth bringing in Stewart or Christie for McGinn. We simply can't scrimp. You get what you pay for. Hopefully Wright can step up and be a consistent player too.

No idea what the options are for replacing Taylor - can't say I'm overly excited by Lindsay or Devlin. Hopefully Deek knows someone decent in England/abroad.

The ball is in the board's court. Don't drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by afc_1983 View Post
    As it stands, we need to replace McGinn, Taylor, Alexander and Pawlett.

McGinn guarantees about 15 assists and 15 goals a season so he's going to be a major loss.
    Taylor, for all his faults, wins absolutely everything in the air. We need someone similar to dominate at the back.
    Pawlett was a bit-part player, but he was a very good deputy. The squad needs depth.
    Alexander was a useful back-up to Lewis. Could we promote Rodgers and save us some money in the goalkeeper department?

The board simply must back the manager this summer. There's no excuse here. We'll be on for record turnover from last season so we should have some money about to reinvest. It'd be worth bringing in Stewart or Christie for McGinn. We simply can't scrimp. You get what you pay for. Hopefully Wright can step up and be a consistent player too.

No idea what the options are for replacing Taylor - can't say I'm overly excited by Lindsay or Devlin. Hopefully Deek knows someone decent in England/abroad.

The ball is in the board's court. Don't drop it.
    Problem is, most Dons fans of a certain age have seen the "club must back the manager" moment come and go over many many season previously. We have a budget and we stick to it. Full stop. That budget may have increased but surely we're talking about a relatively small increase over years gone by. If the well is dry, the well is dry. I suspect it's that frustration that will drive McInnes towards a fresh challenge this summer to take advantage of his good reputation at the minute, rather than risk another season with a new uncertain squad only to find out his name is mud at the end of it and the job offers aren't so sparkly.

Until we have 20,000 at Pittodrie/New Stadium every week, these are the facts of life.

Its a worrying time to be honest. Selling Hayes to Celtic would be a disaster for us, if we are to even think about getting near them next season. If you sell your best players to your rivals, then whats the point? it would take big money for me to be happy and that money would 100% have to be reinvested back into the transfer kitty.

We have already replaced Jack, so thats not a problem, easy shoes to fill. The issue for me is we have to replace Taylor, Reynolds and Considine, along with Mcginn and possibly Hayes. We could even lose McLean if he attracts attention and Logan is an attractive player for other clubs too. Luckily theya re under contract and would require a fee, but I'm not convinced it would all be reinvested. These are worst case scenarios of course.

As for point on Reynolds and Considine, they just aren't good enough and if we are to progress and they will need replaced. Rooney needs someone to back him up with Stockley out and we would ideally want to strengthen on our striking options so it may cost us money.

McInnes and Milne have their work cut out! I have a mix of fear of the unknown and excitement about a freshening up!!

Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast