+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 new faces at least

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Great post.

Looks a decent stadium at Gent, the only change I'd make is to have the fans all the way down to pitch level (as per Tynecastle). More intimidating to visiting teams if fans are actually in their faces going over for throw-ins etc.

Gives some hope that Aberdeen could actually step up a level to regular Europa League and make a real challenge for the Title.

(Plenty of parallels with Gent but I'd temper that with Anderlecht etc. being much smaller clubs than the Old Firm)

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Its a worrying time to be honest. Selling Hayes to Celtic would be a disaster for us, if we are to even think about getting near them next season. If you sell your best players to your rivals, then whats the point? it would take big money for me to be happy and that money would 100% have to be reinvested back into the transfer kitty.

We have already replaced Jack, so thats not a problem, easy shoes to fill. The issue for me is we have to replace Taylor, Reynolds and Considine, along with Mcginn and possibly Hayes. We could even lose McLean if he attracts attention and Logan is an attractive player for other clubs too. Luckily theya re under contract and would require a fee, but I'm not convinced it would all be reinvested. These are worst case scenarios of course.

As for point on Reynolds and Considine, they just aren't good enough and if we are to progress and they will need replaced. Rooney needs someone to back him up with Stockley out and we would ideally want to strengthen on our striking options so it may cost us money.

McInnes and Milne have their work cut out! I have a mix of fear of the unknown and excitement about a freshening up!!
    You say "McInnes has his work cut out"
    The problem is that he's going to leave.
    We'll be faffing around appointing a manager when the players (what's left of them) report back for training.
    We've usually got most of our signings done before then, however, we can't if we don't have a manager.

Foxxake! Fired up the inter web at lunchtime....
    Dons bid for Stevie May!
    Dons deal for Maloney agreed!

Coming together nicely.

Not too fussed if we don't sign a CH. Reynolds, Conso, O'Connor, McKenna - good enough for me.

"We're going to win 6-5!"

Well that's 6 new faces. 8 signings if you include Lewis and Logan on new deals. Harvie, McKenna and Rogers back from loans.
    Quality signings rather than no-name foreigners or lower division Englanders.

Suspect Maloney will still happen before the end of August once he's fit. I guess that then will probably be it. Mind you I think we still need cover for Logan at right back .... or does McInnes believe either Shinnie or Tansey can fill in there if needed?

May will have to wait until next season and I doubt Moult is a starter.

Kari Arnason and Gary Mackay-Steven have even slotted in to the Hayes and Pawlett songs ...

Just two positions that worry me now Mr Reynolds and Mr Considine.
    Andy plays with his heart on his sleeve, both are prone to repetitive and costly errors
    Would like to see a class defender come in
    Then we would be a very good team, on paper at least
    Those guys are the current possible weak links

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Andy plays with his heart on his sleeve, both are prone to repetitive and costly errors
    For sure and although a lovely pair of guys the opposition will be told to pick on these two to get goals...

Quote Originally Posted by fittiered View Post
    For sure and although a lovely pair of guys the opposition will be told to pick on these two to get goals...
    If i was an opposition manager I play a nippy boy on the right and play everything in behind Considine. By the time hes turned the ball will be in the box and theres no Horrorpighobbitc@nt chasing back like a futret to help out. Big worry
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 16-07-2017 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    The problem is McInnes is unbelievably loyal to his first team regulars,I can only think of Langfield and possibly Flood that he has moved on.The others have either retired or left because they wanted to,if Hayes,McGinn,Taylor and Jack wanted to be here they still would be.

Hopefully Arnason will bring the best out of Reynolds and Considine like Anderson did although they are a lot older now.

If you fancy a laugh, are bored and have some time on your hands just go ahead and start at post number 1 of this thread and keep reading .....

Four new faces at least? ..... and May makes 7. Add in new deals for Logan and Lewis and it's been a decent transfer window. Scott Wright even feels like a new signing now that he's establishing himself.

As I said, start at the first post and keep reading ....... I'll get the mop ......

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast