+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 43 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 new faces at least

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    From the McInnes interview on BBC website

"We've brought one or two good options in already with Greg and Ryan, we'd like to bring a centre-back in, a different type of striker and we'll probably look at the wider areas of the pitch."

I presume the interview was done before Stewart signed yesterday and the Greg is Tansey he is talking about,if not Im not sure where he is planning to play Greg Stewart.
    Heres what I'd expect our lineup to be on the current players

.............Lewis
    Logan O'Connor Reynolds Considine
    ..........Tansey Shinnie
    Christie McLean Stewart
    ............Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

.............Lewis
    ..........Tansey Shinnie
    Christie McLean Stewart
    ............Rooney
    Perfect, not a Mexican in sight!

In all honesty, another CB and Stevie May and I would be pretty happy, as long as the youngsters are considered good enough to play standby roles.

Adding May would mean we would be more direct through the middle. As good as we have been, we missed having an on form Pawlett to offer that. We've also been really predictable which thankfully DM has began to address last season.

.............Lewis
    ..........Tansey Shinnie
    Christie McLean Stewart
    ............Rooney
    Looks okay. Though, I would like to see Rooney have better competition than just Stockley. The defence looks a bit weak IMO
    . Not convinced by Reynolds anymore, O'Conner is prone to a flap in big games and Considine is slow. We really need a good CB and possibly a left back as well. Reynolds and Considine would be good back ups. The positive thing is that the midfield looks strong, despite the players we have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Time will tell I guess.

I am not questioning Stewart's ability as he was a standout player in a rank Dundee team but is he as good as Jonny which we really need him to be? And then if he is we still have the issue of sourcing a longer term replacement.

We need guys in of the quality of Maloney or May when they were playing well to replace what has been lost but we can't afford that and although we might end up with said players they are more of a gamble now due to age and injuries.

On top of it all we really need some competition for Rooney up front as he was not his usual predatory self last season and Stockley is not a feasible option.
    Bit negative. I don't think Stewart was ever seen as Hayes replacement completely different player. I think if anything he is in for McGinn. He would have been on the radar well before Hayes got the Celtic offer. We will just have to accept Hayes will be nigh on impossible to replace like for like. Doesn't mean we can't recruit wisely which we have already done and have a decent team on the park.

Quote Originally Posted by sallan2000 View Post
    Perfect, not a Mexican in sight!

In all honesty, another CB and Stevie May and I would be pretty happy, as long as the youngsters are considered good enough to play standby roles.
    Indeed, an opportunity for Wright, Ross, Harvie and even Storie to make telling contributions this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinniesta3 View Post
    McGinn won't be back, his house was emptied the other week and contents shipped back to N Ireland

Mutual friend told me he's set on moving abroad, more than likely outwith Europe.

He's off to Melbourne this week to take a look at what's on offer there, then heading to a non English speaking country where he's been offered £20k a week after tax.

Stumbling block on the mystery country is that his mrs is not keen on the move there, he is though and who can blame him for that kind of money.
    Looks like my above info was right. McGinn today linked with a move to South Korea! Taken from the daily retard

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Record
    Former Aberdeen star Niall McGinn wanted in South Korea

He has held talks with former Celtic team-mate Ki Sung-yueng’s father who is the president of Gwangju FC.

Niall McGinn could kill off Aberdeen fans’ hopes of a Pittodrie return by moving to South Korea.

The former Dons favourite has been offered a mega-bucks deal by K-League side Gwangju FC.

Club president Ki Young-ok is the father of McGinn’s former Celtic team-mate Ki Sung-yueng.

McGinn is mulling over his future after deciding to leave Aberdeen at the end of the season and is attracting interest from English Championship clubs.

The Red Army were hopeful a Pittodrie return could be on the cards with his future still not sorted but Record Sport Online understands that isn’t an option.

Indeed, an opportunity for Wright, Ross, Harvie and even Storie to make telling contributions this year.
    Criag Storie will never play in our first team again.
    He couldn't even get a game for the team at the bottom of the Championship last season.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Criag Storie will never play in our first team again.
    He couldn't even get a game for the team at the bottom of the Championship last season.
    why not release him then?

why not release him then?
    He'll likely get put on loan then released next summer when out of contract?

Page 43 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast