+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 55 of 110 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 new faces at least

It sounds like our plans A, B and C have went wonky after (in no particular order) Boyce, May and Maloney for different reasons are looking unlikely at least in the short term.

Hopefully McInnes has a plan D (or E).

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Hopefully McInnes has a plan D (or E).
    Hopefully, the idea of banking solely on signing two talented but clearly injury prone players as replacements for McGinn and Hayes seems a wee bit hair-brained.

I wasn't that keen on either May or Maloney, there must be hundreds of players out there who aren't injury prone that we could sign instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I wasn't that keen on either May or Maloney, there must be hundreds of players out there who aren't injury prone that we could sign instead.
    Probably not as good as May and Maloney,well maybe there is but we couldn't afford them.

I would rather have signed the pair of them even if we got 15-20 games out of each of them,it would be better to get their quality for that amount of games than get some shyte instead for 40-50 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    Hopefully, the idea of banking solely on signing two talented but clearly injury prone players as replacements for McGinn and Hayes seems a wee bit hair-brained.
    If you look at the team and our likely starting team, we have already replaced them with Stewart and Christie.

May would be competing with Rooney.

Maloney I'm not sure, just great experience to bring in as we replace older players with younger ones

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    Storey not really had much of a chance in the first team. However, presumably hasn't impressed at all in training and will probably be shipped out.

Real sickener with May. Think we were on verge of a deal before Grayson went to Sunderland. I think Neil will want to keep him. His stats at Hamilton were pretty impressive when he was there on loan and I don't think Preston have a huge amount of money for marquee signings compared to some of the bigger Championship sides.
    It's not yet a foregone conclusion.
    Preston I recall have just signed two strikers, so he may still be surplus to requirements

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    It's not yet a foregone conclusion.
    Preston I recall have just signed two strikers, so he may still be surplus to requirements
    Absolutely, a tenuous connection between the two from a few years ago has led to doom and gloom with no foundation. Must be a great party at all your houses.

I have beileved all along that we would still sign Maloney.

He should be back fit in 4/6 weeks time so we should be fit by start of september, expect us to sign him in August.

May , I hope we sign him, although I think a central defender, another winger & possibly a defensive midfielder are all more urgent.

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    I have beileved all along that we would still sign Maloney.

He should be back fit in 4/6 weeks time so we should be fit by start of september, expect us to sign him in August.

May , I hope we sign him, although I think a central defender, another winger & possibly a defensive midfielder are all more urgent.
    I read that Maloney has got a hernia he has had since last season but didn't want to get it operated on so he could help Hull fight relegation.

If that's true why has he waited for over a month to decide to get the operation?

Their season finished in the middle of May I find it strange that he has waited until now to decide to get the operation.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I read that Maloney has got a hernia he has had since last season but didn't want to get it operated on so he could help Hull fight relegation.

If that's true why has he waited for over a month to decide to get the operation?

Their season finished in the middle of May I find it strange that he has waited until now to decide to get the operation.
    HE Probably was led to believe that Hull would pay for the operation once the season was over but they then refused when they discovered he wasn't re-signing, he then probably was put on a hospital waiting list, when he discovered Hull wouldn't pay for it.

I'm sure DM knew about this & that's why out of respect he said we would go at the players pace.

What is said is private between the club & the player as DM usually tells the fans nothing until the player is signed.

Page 55 of 110 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast