+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 77 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 new faces at least

Not sure about GMS as he can be a bit of a lightweight. That said I think our regime would toughen him up somewhat, it's happened with others we have signed, where they have bulked up somewhat in their time with us. His lack of game time at the tattie howkers is quite possibly nothing to do with his ability. They have a number of players who can play his position. He wasn't signed by the current manager which may mean he is out of favour simply because he was inherited. Sure he would be a gamble, but lets face it so are a lot of players we sign, at least from the fans point of view.

I watched Maynard's 2015-16 goals and he scored with some good finishes. Looking back at his earlier ones from 13-16 there are a lot of good goals. I think he will do a job for us, if he is given a serious chance, and not just comes on for the last 10 mins.

I think Maloney would be an interesting signing. If he retains much of what he once had, he could still do a job for us. If he remains relatively injury free, I think he would be desperate to do well, so would put in a good shift. Remember with Robson people questioned the signing, but he was excellent for us, especially that first season.

I'm sure there will be plenty of people will disagree with some or all of the above, but that's my tuppence worth.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    GMS is a lightweight compared to Jack and that should tell you something.
    Jack may not have been as strong in the tackle as we would have liked, but he was effective at keeping the ball when he had it.
    GMS is a winger and Jack is a DM. Jack's role in the team is to retain possession and to dictate play. If he can't do that he's worthless in his designated role.

Maynard will only get into double figures if he gets the service / same as any striker including Rooney. Hence the reason GMS would be a pretty decent signing

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Heard that there will be no deal for GMS and that we offered to make him highest paid player at the club.
    That would be scandalous

As far as I am aware Murderwell have up till now played 4 pre-season friendlies (stirling albion, livingston, gateshead and barrow) and as of yet Moult has not featured in any of them. Anybody aware of any injury he has or is there something more to read into this? Just saying and just asking ?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    GMS is a winger and Jack is a DM. Jack's role in the team is to retain possession and to dictate play. If he can't do that he's worthless in his designated role.
    Exactly.

If you didn't mind having a defensive midfielder in the team who hardly tackled and hid when the going got tough then you shouldn't have a problem with a light weight winger being in the team who's job is to create and score goals.
    Last edited by rico94; 12-07-2017 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    As far as I am aware Murderwell have up till now played 4 pre-season friendlies (stirling albion, livingston, gateshead and barrow) and as of yet Moult has not featured in any of them. Anybody aware of any injury he has or is there something more to read into this? Just saying and just asking ?
    Working his way back from groin surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    That would be taking the piss
    Too right I think the club has got this arse about face why did we not offer to make Christie a permanent deal (& dare I say it the highest paid player at the club ) & take GMS on loan

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Too right I think the club has got this arse about face why did we not offer to make Christie a permanent deal (& dare I say it the highest paid player at the club ) & take GMS on loan
    The club did offer to make Christie a permanent deal. Celtic refused.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Heard that there will be no deal for GMS and that we offered to make him highest paid player at the club.
    Heard from whom? The club? McInnes? Agents? Board member?

Or was it basically some wee stupid whisper that has grown arms and legs and suddenly becomes gospel???

Not a chance GMS will be on more or have been offered more than Rooney or our captain.

Page 77 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast