+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 90 of 110 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 new faces at least

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    Also important to remember that Moult will be cup tied for the League Cup campaign.
    I Suspect we will wait & see if we are still in Europe come the end of the Window & if so push for a final signing but i dont think it will be Moult

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    Could we afford wages for Rooney and Moult? We can certainly afford 1 main striker + two bench warmers as we have done for a while.

I like Rooney and wouldn't want to see him leave. He has his limitations but he knows where the net is and will likely score 20 or so again domestically. I wonder how he feels though, left out for big European games and the Scottish cup final. He may feel himself that it's time for a change.
    I don't think Rooney would be on that much wages,a few grand a week plus goal bonuses and Moult will be on very little at Motherwell so it's unlikely he will come in and be our top earner.

You said it yourself Rooney has his limitations we know it and he knows it which is why he will understand the reason he is left out of certain games,he could go to a lesser team for more game time or stay here and have a chance of winning something.He could easily turn into a super sub like Shearer did in his last few years with us.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I don't think Rooney would be on that much wages,a few grand a week plus goal bonuses and Moult will be on very little at Motherwell so it's unlikely he will come in and be our top earner.

You said it yourself Rooney has his limitations we know it and he knows it which is why he will understand the reason he is left out of certain games,he could go to a lesser team for more game time or stay here and have a chance of winning something.He could easily turn into a super sub like Shearer did in his last few years with us.
    Why are you speculating on Rooney when it has been confirmed he was injured for last nights game, He is going NOWHERE it's just total s***e all of this speculation. In DM WE TRUST & lets all get behind the club.

The speculation about Rooney is ludicrous - the most effective striker at the club since Shearer.
    There should be no question of him leaving.

Last edited by Hairdrier; 28-07-2017 at 06:12 PM. Reason: forgot about Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Neilyboy2 View Post
    Why are you speculating on Rooney when it has been confirmed he was injured for last nights game, He is going NOWHERE it's just total s***e all of this speculation. In DM WE TRUST & lets all get behind the club.
    I wasn't speculating I was replying to a post that said he could be part of a swap deal for Moult and commented that other websites have linked him with Hibs.

I agree with you that's it's bull sh@t and am glad he is going nowhere.

This subject about Rooney is a waste of time like as he is going nowhere!im pretty sure there will be no signings till at least after Thursday and if we get through probably not till after that.the europa league group stages would attract any decent players

Quote Originally Posted by Nae Huns View Post
    This subject about Rooney is a waste of time like as he is going nowhere!im pretty sure there will be no signings till at least after Thursday and if we get through probably not till after that.the europa league group stages would attract any decent players

hm, im not sure we really need players who will sign just to be in europa league and down tools for the 2nd half of the season.

we need players who want to play for the club, first and foremost.

Rooney picked up an injury season before last & has not looked fit since, however, he knows where to be when the ball comes into the box & often delivers, he just hasn't been so good outside the box.

Rooney needs to be kept for the spfl but we need a more mobile player for Europe.

Also Considine isn't good enough for Europe , that's why both Goals we have conceded have come form left wing crosses

Can call Considine all you want yes he maybe could have stopped the crosses but the marking at the back post where both goals came from were not his fault, you won't stop every cross coming into the box. Also the 1st goal on Thursday came from Consi winning the ball in middle of park, set pieces were all going through him as well and were causing the cypriots prblms.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Can call Considine all you want yes he maybe could have stopped the crosses but the marking at the back post where both goals came from were not his fault, you won't stop every cross coming into the box. Also the 1st goal on Thursday came from Consi winning the ball in middle of park, set pieces were all going through him as well and were causing the cypriots prblms.
    marking at the back post was poor but if you stop the cross getting in you cut out the danger.

as for our 1st goal it was down to good work by Christie then a cross from GMS & great finish by Christie.

Considine isn't good enough for Europe, as is stockley whom both have their weeknesses.

Our central strikers need to get closer to the goals when a lot of the crosses come in.

Page 90 of 110 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast