+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 new faces at least

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I can't really understand why McGinn gets labelled as inconsistent,some people seem to think he was brilliant in his first season but it wasn't like he was controlling games.He was playing up front instead of out wide and scored more goals but his general play was the same.

People also forget that Hayes wasn't that great in his first season and was inconsistent in large parts of his time here,the 2nd half of last season was probably his best spell here and by what McInnes was saying today he was trying to impress his current manager.

When you look at their stats Hayes got 30 goals in 207 games and McGinn got 68 in 223 so I would say Hayes was the more inconsistent in his time here.
    As you say, different players.
    Hayes an out and out winger, sometimes even played at full back or from the DM slot.
    McGinn, our main striker first season, where he scored the goals and then became more of a provider after Rooney joined.

I think McGinn was definitely inconsistent (Hayes too) but more noticeably inconsistent by either not turning up for some games and also his woeful crosses.

It was a massive improvement for us in those 5 years, but quite looking forward to Stewart and Wright having a go.

Naturally, Hayes also brought a lot to the team defensively as well, often very diciplined to cover or get back on opposition counter attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    As you say, different players.
    Hayes an out and out winger, sometimes even played at full back or from the DM slot.
    McGinn, our main striker first season, where he scored the goals and then became more of a provider after Rooney joined.

I think McGinn was definitely inconsistent (Hayes too) but more noticeably inconsistent by either not turning up for some games and also his woeful crosses.

It was a massive improvement for us in those 5 years, but quite looking forward to Stewart and Wright having a go.

Naturally, Hayes also brought a lot to the team defensively as well, often very diciplined to cover or get back on opposition counter attacks.
    I would say that was the difference between the 2,if McGinns crossing was shyte then he brought nothing to the game where as Hayes crossing could be equally as bad but he did a lot of tracking back.

I think that might be a problem for Considine next season,Hayes helped him out a lot defensively and I can't see Stewart,Christie or Maloney doing that.

I would say that was the difference between the 2,if McGinns crossing was shyte then he brought nothing to the game where as Hayes crossing could be equally as bad but he did a lot of tracking back.

I think that might be a problem for Considine next season,Hayes helped him out a lot defensively and I can't see Stewart,Christie or Maloney doing that.
    Agreed, if McGinn was having a bad game he'd go in a huff & lose interest at times. While if Hayes was having a poor game you still got 100% out of him.

To me Hayes pretty much irreplaceable on our budget, but he's gone now so just got to try and replace him as best we can.

1st XI looking stronger than last season which is good, squad looks on the thin side though. A 1st choice CB, Maloney, May, CM and if the budget stretches a left back aswell and the squad will be looking good going into the season.

The boy Hendrie that West Ham just released is the type of player we should be looking at. £1 million move to WH from Hamilton (turned down Celtic IIRC) in 2015. Young, hungry and if he does well at his next club will have a decent sell on value if and when he moved on.

Now that we've concluded business with Stewart, I reckon that we'll end up with three more signings - a defender, a midfielder and a forward. Mildly concerned that we haven't been linked with a central defender yet. Not sure where the talk of McGinn re-signing is coming from. Probably just speculation given that he hasn't signed for anyone else yet. I'm sure there will be no shortage of diddy clubs down in England who can match what we're offering and would be very happy to sign a N Ireland international. He's probably just biding his time for a decent club to make an offer i.e. one with reasonable Premier League aspirations. I have to say that I'd rather have McGinn than a 34 year old Maloney but I just don't see it happening.

I googled Hendrie and found an article indicating that he was being chased by 'a number' of unnamed Scottish clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    I was always a little disappointed when the tribute act signed him in the first place. Always liked him at St.J

I would take a chance on him to be honest.
    Were there not reports that O'Hallora-Hallorahan was having discipline issues? In which case, no thanks.

Although, to be fair, I only replied so I could take the p*ss out of his name.
    Last edited by ragnarok; 28-06-2017 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post

Were there not reports that O'Hallora-Hallorahan was having discipline issues? In which case, no thanks.

He was made to train with the youth team at one point. He wasnt getting a game so took the huff

Also forced into early morning boot camps by Pedro

I agree with that.
    A lot has been made of Daniel Harvie (Left Back).
    It may just be that he features more this year and Considine moves more centrally

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    He was made to train with the youth team at one point. He wasnt getting a game so took the huff

Also forced into early morning boot camps by Pedro
    Can't see his discipline putting McInnes off signing him

Good to see Greg Stewart arrive...hopefully we can get the best out of him.
    Del talking yesterday about being linked with players and stated that he is interested in a couple but wouldn't talk about it.
    Hopefully that means we might bring in a couple more .

Hull city transfers on twitter say Shaun maloney (and Allan magregor) are to stay with them and not move to Scotland
    Unofficial but only news I've seen on it

From the McInnes interview on BBC website

"We've brought one or two good options in already with Greg and Ryan, we'd like to bring a centre-back in, a different type of striker and we'll probably look at the wider areas of the pitch."

I presume the interview was done before Stewart signed yesterday and the Greg is Tansey he is talking about,if not Im not sure where he is planning to play Greg Stewart.

Page 42 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast