+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 new faces at least

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    If that's the case then why were we ever interested in him? We shouldn't be looking at players who definitely can't make it down South.

Reynolds, Rooney, McGinn

Milne was quoted as saying there would definitely be new signings announced this week, nae long left now Stewarty. AbMad is getting restless.

Wasn't sold on the Boyce thing personally. For me he would have been to similar to Rooney and would be playing one or the other, so not giving a toot about that one nor McGinn. Yes he has the capability to turn a game but didn't do it often enough.

Surprisingly, the only time he showed any consistency was when he was putting himself in the shop window. I personally wouldn't like to see him back and prefer to give youth a chance. I think he would be even more inconsistent this coming season and detrimental to team development. I wish him all the best and all that as he has done us a good turn but wouldn't be surprised to see him bin footie all together for other business ventures.

Don't know who we will get in but the team was due a shake up and hopefully we can take advantage of it and change things up a bit.

Ach, there will be a "presser" tomorrow with great news (hopefully). 4 of our starting XI from the cup final have gone. It's not just replacing them, it's integrating them into the team ethics and way of playing. That's why Hayes & McGinn had so many assists last season, they instinctively knew where their teammates would be.

Quote Originally Posted by RedmyRights View Post
    Wasn't sold on the Boyce thing personally. For me he would have been to similar to Rooney and would be playing one or the other, so not giving a toot about that one nor McGinn. Yes he has the capability to turn a game but didn't do it often enough.

Surprisingly, the only time he showed any consistency was when he was putting himself in the shop window. I personally wouldn't like to see him back and prefer to give youth a chance. I think he would be even more inconsistent this coming season and detrimental to team development. I wish him all the best and all that as he has done us a good turn but wouldn't be surprised to see him bin footie all together for other business ventures.

Don't know who we will get in but the team was due a shake up and hopefully we can take advantage of it and change things up a bit.
    If 14 goals and a similar amount of assists last season is not consistent I dont know what is.

We are going to find it very difficult replacing a winger who scored 68 goals in 223 games as well as the assists he provided. I cant see us scoring anywhere the 97 goals we scored last season unless McGinn and Hayes are replaced with similar quality players.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If 14 goals and a similar amount of assists last season is not consistent I dont know what is.

We are going to find it very difficult replacing a winger who scored 68 goals in 223 games as well as the assists he provided. I cant see us scoring anywhere the 97 goals we scored last season unless McGinn and Hayes are replaced with similar quality players.

Fact. We need tried and tested players who are ready to deliver in those positions. The wings are integral to how we play. It's a big ask to seemlessly slot 2 new guys in there unless they are relatively proven.

This is so critical this window.

2 Outcomes.

1. We don't replace those 2 with better (and more consitant) players. We finish 4th due to lack of goals. McInnes leaves citing he has taken us as far as he can and its time for a new challenge.
    2. We do replace those 2 with better players. We finish 2nd again and challenge for both cups.

Whats it to be stewarty min.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    Fact. We need tried and tested players who are ready to deliver in those positions. The wings are integral to how we play. It's a big ask to seemlessly slot 2 new guys in there unless they are relatively proven.
    Also if we don't replace those 2 we would probably be better off replacing Rooney because if he doesn't have 2 wingers supplying him with chances he isn't going to be much use.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Also if we don't replace those 2 we would probably be better off replacing Rooney because if he doesn't have 2 wingers supplying him with chances he isn't going to be much use.
    Very true.

I feel that all this chat about wingers and forwards is deflecting the fact we need a central defender first. Is Lindsay definitely going to Barnsley?

Page 26 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast