+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 87 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 new faces at least

[QUOTE=macattack;38598680]Who is the Young lad came from Everton [/QUO

Ryan Harrington

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    Hope your right, although I imagine his agent will tell him to sit tight for a year and get a nice signing on bonus when he moves for free next year. Assuming we don't accept an offer this window or next
    Why wait a year?
    Sign on now and get a bonus this year
    Honestly though, I think if he does extend, there will be a release clause inserted.

That'll be fine, £2.5m seems reasonable.

the dons will probably accept 1m

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    the dons will probably accept 1m
    aye, similar to Hayes signing a new contract in January
    Difference is, I think JH did it in a gentleman agreement type of way, where he was told we'd let him talk to a club if an offer came in of "x"
    He was decent about it and was doing right by the club.

I'm not sure KM would think that way.

IMO, he'd be so determined to play for the zombies, he'd not do the same and is happy to run down his contract, or force the club to accept a derisory amount on Jan 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    aye, similar to Hayes signing a new contract in January
    Difference is, I think JH did it in a gentleman agreement type of way, where he was told we'd let him talk to a club if an offer came in of "x"
    He was decent about it and was doing right by the club.

I'm not sure KM would think that way.

IMO, he'd be so determined to play for the zombies, he'd not do the same and is happy to run down his contract, or force the club to accept a derisory amount on Jan 31st.
    That opinion is based on a level of cynicism that I think is unfairly attributed to Kenny McLean's actions - which, for the record, appear absolutely to be above board.

Unfortunately I think the recent, let's just say, ill feeling towards McLean simply stems from the fact that the Portuguese James Bond has been tapping him up quite publicly.

As far as I'm concerned he's been a 100% trier for us up until now and been a reasonably good player for us. People should not judge his inactions - not signing a new contract (has he even been offered one?) - as being a bid to move to Rangers.

What must not be allowed to happen, however, is a similar situation to Jack from last season - if he is not going to sign a new contract by the end of the year we say goodbye to him then. I'm not having another behind-the-scenes dirty deal done to go to Rangers where the player continues to play for Aberdeen during that time, ala Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by afc_1983 View Post
    That opinion is based on a level of cynicism that I think is unfairly attributed to Kenny McLean's actions - which, for the record, appear absolutely to be above board.

Unfortunately I think the recent, let's just say, ill feeling towards McLean simply stems from the fact that the Portuguese James Bond has been tapping him up quite publicly.

As far as I'm concerned he's been a 100% trier for us up until now and been a reasonably good player for us. People should not judge his inactions - not signing a new contract (has he even been offered one?) - as being a bid to move to Rangers.

What must not be allowed to happen, however, is a similar situation to Jack from last season - if he is not going to sign a new contract by the end of the year we say goodbye to him then. I'm not having another behind-the-scenes dirty deal done to go to Rangers where the player continues to play for Aberdeen during that time, ala Jack.
    IMO, it's unthinkable that he can sign a pre-contract for them in January and still play for us.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    IMO, it's unthinkable that he can sign a pre-contract for them in January and still play for us.
    On that we're absolutely agreed.

Other than Caixinha and the weegie rag brigade, has anyone anywhere ever even hinted that McLean wants away and is after a move to Rangers?

All I've seen from the player recently is good performances, effort and fight - and he certainly seemed to enjoy the goals against Siroki last week. Yet on here he gets constant wee digs and abuse? Some right f*ckin wallopers in the Aberdeen support.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    Other than Caixinha and the weegie rag brigade, has anyone anywhere ever even hinted that McLean wants away and is after a move to Rangers?

All I've seen from the player recently is good performances, effort and fight - and he certainly seemed to enjoy the goals against Siroki last week. Yet on here he gets constant wee digs and abuse? Some right f*ckin wallopers in the Aberdeen support.
    Nope not at all but someone posted it on here so it must be true With all the bullsh*t you read and hear, I find it useful to look at players reactions after a goal and, like you say, he seemed fair tricket with things over in Bosnia.

Page 87 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast