+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1092

Thread: 4 new faces at least

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I've got a feeling it's tactical to do with the team set up...

Our best central defender this season has been O'Connor. O'Connor has no pace and neither does Arnason - to pair them up would be suicidal against pacey front men. So basically Reynolds needs to be there alongside either O'Connor or Arnason. Arguably O'Connor hasn't done anything dramatically wrong to merit being dropped, so he retains the starting jersey until such a time comes that Arnason can come in. Arnason will then have to merit keeping that place, because he was utterly stinking in the one opportunity he's had so far. Not sure where the new guy fits in - most likely the bench.
    The 2 games he has played (30 minutes against Apollon and 60 minutes against Hamilton)we never conceded a goal.Now im not saying he was great in those games but he has been no worse than Reynolds and Considine as our centre backs,Considine hasn't any pace either so that rules out not playing him beside O'Conner because he has no pace.I would give him a chance with O'Conner again it's the only time we have looked solid imo.

Not sure where the new guy fits in - most likely the bench.
    My guess, is as a sitting midfielder/sweeper when required, as O'Connor is now in the starting line up we do not have anyone to fill this role. Secondly, as a back up CD and thirdly as back up to Logan as we do not have someone now who has played in that position.

May be wrong and he will replace Reynolds in the starting line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    My guess, is as a sitting midfielder/sweeper when required, as O'Connor is now in the starting line up we do not have anyone to fill this role. Secondly, as a back up CD and thirdly as back up to Logan as we do not have someone now who has played in that position.

May be wrong and he will replace Reynolds in the starting line up.

BBC gossip has Reynolds signing a new deal this week, so doesn't sound like he's getting replaced (if it's true)

I've got a feeling it's tactical to do with the team set up...

Our best central defender this season has been O'Connor. O'Connor has no pace and neither does Arnason - to pair them up would be suicidal against pacey front men. So basically Reynolds needs to be there alongside either O'Connor or Arnason. Arguably O'Connor hasn't done anything dramatically wrong to merit being dropped, so he retains the starting jersey until such a time comes that Arnason can come in. Arnason will then have to merit keeping that place, because he was utterly stinking in the one opportunity he's had so far. Not sure where the new guy fits in - most likely the bench.
    Although in the 1 game that Arnason did start, he was paired up with O'Connor.
    Reynolds came on to replace Arnason who was not having the best of games.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Although in the 1 game that Arnason did start, he was paired up with O'Connor.
    Reynolds came on to replace Arnason who was not having the best of games.
    I don't know why people keep bringing up the fact Arnason didn't play well against Hamilton.He was no worse in that game than Reynolds and Considine have been playing at centre back this season.

I have stuck up for Reynolds in the past but he has looked incredibly nervous in every game he has played this season yet he keeps getting picked,and Considine has and always will be a disaster waiting to happen at centre back.

Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110 LastLast