+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 110 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 new faces at least

4 new faces at least

So here we go, for me I would like to see

Greg Tansey (done deal)
    Ali Crawford (transfer fee)
    Shaun Maloney (free)
    Liam Lindsay (transfer fee)

Think these four could fit right in but transfer fees for Crawford and Lindsay might be the stumbling block, but after the season we have just had then surely it is time for Milne and the board to dig deep for some funds to back and support DM with in the transfer market.

COYR

Charlton have offered Partick 750,000 for Lindsay and probably a higher pay packet, pretty much rules us out.

Devlin from Hamilton id say, the one shining light they had in a crap season.

Quote Originally Posted by DandiesLegend View Post
    Devlin from Hamilton id say, the one shining light they had in a crap season.
    Agreed. Hes better than Taylor

Heard he done his ACL and is out for a while?

The names on the original post;

Tansey - as you say done deal
    Crawford - no thanks - not an upgrade
    Maloney - good player, but always injured - think it would backfire as can't guarantee 30 games out of him
    Lindsay - as Paudolski said, way out of our reach and is he that good? Certainly not £750k worth of good
    Devlin - out long term and is no better than Ash Taylor IMO

My tuppence worth?

Largely depends on who goes does it not?
    It could be a clusterf*ck of a summer if McInnes goes
    He could potentially take any/some of Lewis, Shinnie, Hayes, McLean

Let's assume that it's "just" Jonny that goes and we get £1m

I'd look to try and get;

- Centre half - no idea who, I'm not a scout, but neither of the above - likely it'll be a lower league player from England
    - Ryan Christie (on the assumption we receive a fee for Jonny)
    - a winger - not sure - GMS has been linked and if we got the "Dundee Utd" GMS then that wouldn't be bad. Greg Stewart on loan with a view to signing?
    - a centre forward - off load Storey and replace him
    - possibly another centre mid but depends on what budget is left as we have Tansey, Shinnie, McLean & O'Connor that can play there
    - ideally I'd like two centre halves but very unlikely

to be honest, we can't really plan anything until we know the managerial situation, which is a ballache
    Last edited by RedStarTorphins; 01-06-2017 at 09:15 AM.

Ali Crawford isn't great. If we are sniffing about clubs that have been relegated or nearly got relegated then we are doooooomed.

A really good centre half is needed and a really good player to replace McGinn. Anything else will just be filler.

what happened to the 2 new players, we were going to sign before the end of season, have they changed their mind? We were promised them the day Tansey signed.

if not come on DM get them signed or are they awaiting to see if you are going to Sunderland?

I hope they are signed before the players return for pre-season

From the BBC Gossip Column:

"Ryan Christie's reluctance to make a permanent move to Aberdeen, where the midfielder had been on loan, could force Celtic to make a straight cash bid for Dons winger Jonny Hayes. (Daily Express, print edition)"

Still think that is a load of *******s!

Page 1 of 110 1231151101 ... LastLast