+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 48 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 new faces at least

I heard 3 year deal for May. Travelling north tomorrow to discuss terms

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Hopefully Stevie May is an Aberdeen player very shortly. Maloney, Stewart, Rooney, Christie, Wright and May are an attacking threat.
    If we could just sort out our defence properly then we could well have a decent attacking team.
    It will be interesting to see what the starting 11 will be with all these players signed, we will also have a strong bench & need to get a central defender,I also suspect Shinnie will play left back.

I would go for a 4 4 1 1 system ,with May just behind Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    It will be interesting to see what the starting 11 will be with all these players signed, we will also have a strong bench & need to get a central defender,I also suspect Shinnie will play left back.

If we could sort out getting a couple of decent defenders I would prefer an attacking 3-4-3 formation.
    Del will more than likely go with the usual 4-2-3-1. He feels safe with that formation and after having to sign quite a few players I can't see him changing his formation as well at the moment.
    Get Stevie May signed...and attack attack attack!

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post

Good shout.
    Could be

.......Lewis
    Logan O'Connor Reynolds Shinnie
    .... Tansey McLean
    Christie Maloney Stewart
    ....May / Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Hopefully Stevie May is an Aberdeen player very shortly. Maloney, Stewart, Rooney, Christie, Wright and May are an attacking threat.
    If we could just sort out our defence properly then we could well have a decent attacking team.
    Ah the old outscore your opponent tactics. I like it. Who needs to shore up the defence. we will just score more

Like the last 3 seasons (and the cup final) , we will probably mess about with Stockley, May or AN Other upfront, for the first few games, before DM realises that Rooney is the biggest goal threat we've had since "It's a goal".
    I'm not saying Rooney is perfect, far from it. But to replace him you need an out and out striker. We have none, perhaps except McLennan, at the club!

Rooney looked a yard off the pace last season at times. Maybe a slight injury that he played through I don't know.
    A fit Adam Rooney is as good a goalscorer as we will have...get the ball in the danger area and he will do the business. Having more players who like to shoot at goal like May, Stewart and Maloney should increase the scoring ratio of the team. Sometimes we are too reliant on Rooney's goals...Having these players will help Rooney also.

I think Rooney offers you goals when you least expect them. He can go missing in games, but will be there at the right time to pounce. I think the difference between him and the likes of May, is May is a footballer as well as a goal scorer. I would like to see the two link up together and that may work with a more attack minded midfield. Looking at the potential starting 11 next season, May included, we are looking at a very decent set of players. Exciting times. We just need to add a couple of decent defenders and we will be looking very good indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSLYFOX View Post
    Like the last 3 seasons (and the cup final) , we will probably mess about with Stockley, May or AN Other upfront, for the first few games, before DM realises that Rooney is the biggest goal threat we've had since "It's a goal".
    I'm not saying Rooney is perfect, far from it. But to replace him you need an out and out striker. We have none, perhaps except McLennan, at the club!
    Rooney traditionally seems to be a slowish starter to seasons?
    That's my recollection
    I know he bagged a hat-trick against that hopeless Daugana(?) mob, but he seems to take a while to get going.
    Last season he scored a fair amount but his general play deteriorated I'd say and he seemed slower than previous?

I'd say each season since he's arrived he has bulked up from the previous season. He'd benefit from losing half a stone of muscle mass and be sharper because of it.

Page 48 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast