+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Another Shambolic Lack of Preparation

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Everything is going to be ok.

Some humble Pie to be eaten on here me thinks.��
    Yak, every time I start to warm to you you come out with some rubbish. Where is the humble pie from any of you diehards who last season slagged me off for predicting we'd finish bottom before a ball was kicked, who claimed we were in a better position than Huddersfield, that we would finish above Barnsley and that several of Stubbs signings filled them with optimism?

Monty it's crap isn't it ?

Honestly I've no idea what's happening at the club on the surface it looks disorganised with not a lot of leadership.
    I'm happy to acknowledge that you were correct about last season and people like me were wrong no problem.
    What bothers me though is that a lot of stuff on here is posted as fact when it's actually opinion.
    It's just guess work and Warne for example is getting slated for no signings when it's still early yet.

I was vocal last season at times when in my opinionTS didn't show the correct leadership.

I just don't get the constant whinging and slagging off when like I said everyone's an expert on stuff when no one actually really knows what's happening with budgets and stuff.

Personally yes I'm not overly confident at the moment but it's still early.
    I think if we finish about 10th that would be a decent season.
    I don't know why anyone would expect us to get promoted.

UTM

I checked last night and again this morning and it's true...............We haven't kicked off the season yet

There are still folk wanting to book their flights and hotels to Austria. People want to go and watch the friendlies out there. The decent thing for the club to say is one of two things. Firstly they should say whether or not there are any friendlies. Secondly, if there are friendlies then they should give the place where the friendlies are to be held along with dates. The times and teams we are to play, well they can keep it to themselves for the moment.
    But please let the folk know so they can make arrangements.

Frog....really.....

"Then the supporters of Rotherham United will not be as patient as last season"

They were NOT patient AT ALL last season....they were horrendous at the start of last season....because the football was "different" to what they wanted and they couldn't put together all the negative circumstances surrounding the pre....and early season problems.

Then.....

The chairman took any choice away from the fans......they were presented with Warne....take it or leave it !

And that's what we'll have for the foreseeable future....

TS.....has spoken......although no-one would or ever will admit it.....the manager that was willing to work with the restraints given him would have been FAR BETTER than Warne - long term !

So - the fans can hardly complain now.....they wanted AS away.....but with all the problems inherent within the club due to years of mismanagement - Stubbs couldn't change the whole culture and mend all that was broken in 13 games - NO ONE COULD.....

So patience is no longer available or a choice to fans - it's obligatory.....

Trial & Error now......but that's what you wanted ! A little more patience - respect - understanding ( of football ) and we would have a small club dream team....go on read about what they have achieved over the years at Everton....We could do with some of that experience right now....

Even if you hate them as you apparently do ( for some reason ) ...."they" would be better than 'Trial & Error' - to develop our club.....madness...!

Didn't know that lbj.

I of course meant Warne and co. That guy you keep harping on about will I'm sure do a great job for some team or other one day. His Everton days were brilliant weren't they? I remember being at the side of you at all the games, training sessions and seminas run by him. I don't remember him ever waving to us though even when he went on that winning run. The size of his shoulders were massive as well.

Do you remember that time when someone gave him a twenty pound note to go to the chippy with? It was late in the day but still he opted to take the role. Bloody laughed we did when he returned with some oranges and an oversized grapefruit. He got his moneys worth out of that didn't he?
    The guy said that he could go to Harrods but instead he went to Somerfields.

I don't hate them at all! I wanted them to succeed which would have meant RUFC succeeding. The results under them were pour and even the good games they played they still ended up losing. But one thing they can boast is that they ran two promoted sides close but lost and other refereeing decisions didn't go our way which meant we lost.

Paul Warne and his team need to get the team sorted qick in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Monty it's crap isn't it ?

Honestly I've no idea what's happening at the club on the surface it looks disorganised with not a lot of leadership.
    I'm happy to acknowledge that you were correct about last season and people like me were wrong no problem.
    What bothers me though is that a lot of stuff on here is posted as fact when it's actually opinion.
    It's just guess work and Warne for example is getting slated for no signings when it's still early yet.

I was vocal last season at times when in my opinionTS didn't show the correct leadership.

I just don't get the constant whinging and slagging off when like I said everyone's an expert on stuff when no one actually really knows what's happening with budgets and stuff.

Personally yes I'm not overly confident at the moment but it's still early.
    I think if we finish about 10th that would be a decent season.
    I don't know why anyone would expect us to get promoted.

UTM
    Yak, I'm warming to you again. Loyal to the club but with a dose of realism and a shade of doubt. I shall now refrain from further comments about last season. I also agree that 10th may be about right but it could be worse, it could be a lot worse. I shall give it a few weeks and then let you all know what's in store.

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    Frog....really.....

"Then the supporters of Rotherham United will not be as patient as last season"

They were NOT patient AT ALL last season....they were horrendous at the start of last season....because the football was "different" to what they wanted and they couldn't put together all the negative circumstances surrounding the pre....and early season problems.

Then.....

The chairman took any choice away from the fans......they were presented with Warne....take it or leave it !

And that's what we'll have for the foreseeable future....

TS.....has spoken......although no-one would or ever will admit it.....the manager that was willing to work with the restraints given him would have been FAR BETTER than Warne - long term !

So - the fans can hardly complain now.....they wanted AS away.....but with all the problems inherent within the club due to years of mismanagement - Stubbs couldn't change the whole culture and mend all that was broken in 13 games - NO ONE COULD.....

So patience is no longer available or a choice to fans - it's obligatory.....

Trial & Error now......but that's what you wanted ! A little more patience - respect - understanding ( of football ) and we would have a small club dream team....go on read about what they have achieved over the years at Everton....We could do with some of that experience right now....

Even if you hate them as you apparently do ( for some reason ) ...."they" would be better than 'Trial & Error' - to develop our club.....madness...!

Go back to sleep..

Just a few notes that are real NOT sarcasm....TS has slapped the fans down like screaming - ignorant ****agers.

You had a good manager and a great back up team.....the circumstances were woeful yet I saw more managerial nouse in the manipulation of the squad - in an effort to sort out the defence.

Izzy was brought in to suit the tactics that suited our situation....

Sarcasm....."Go back to sleep".....lol

You had a good manager and now you got "Trial & Error" in league one.

I can't believe there is any form of doubt in the noisy minority that screamed loudly for Stubbs removal....

"The empty she'll makes the loudest noise"

My research has uncovered many positive facts about Stubbs work and methods over the years....but morons couldn't see the football reasons he should have stayed.....

We'll - you should be happy clappers now.

Just a few notes Frog !

Likewise, Rotherham fans can expect a forensic focus on the back four.

It is no coincidence that Everton’s competence in defence evaporated when Stubbs abandoned his post as defensive coach to head north in 2014,

Nor that Hibs conceded the joint fewest goals in the Scottish Championship last season.

Speaking about bringing kids through:

Manchester United*and England captain*Wayne Rooney*says Alan Stubbs, the retired former Everton centre-back, is his “Jedi Master”, in a new video celebrating Star Wars. *

Discussing the film*Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Rooney said:

“If you look at me as a young player, my Jedi Master was certainly Alan Stubbs."

"He was someone I looked up to and still do.”

And....

Stubbs has made all of his own luck.

When he took over, Hibs were at rock bottom. Relegation had been an eviscerating experience and if Stubbs could find a player still standing after the big summer cull there wasn’t much hope left in his eyes.

Sarcasm is a SHEFFIELD trait Frog

Rotherham for wit Sheffield for Sh!t !

We could have survived....

Rival boss Rafa Benitez has tipped bottom club Rotherham United to haul themselves out of the Championship drop zone. Benitez’s Newcastle United side beat the Millers 1-0 amid refereeing controversy at sold-out New York Stadium on Saturday. But the Toon manager, who has won the Champions League with Liverpool and has occupied the Real Madrid hot-seat, saw enough from the home side to believe they’re in a false position. “They were pushing and pushing us and with that kind of play they will win games and be higher in the table,” he said. Rotherham put their big-spending visitors under pressure for much of the game and deserved some reward, but were undone by a goal which came as a result of an error by Premier League offical Roger East. The third-placed Magpies scored in the 41st minute through Christian Atsu after a clear two-handed push by Ciaran Clark on home captain Lee Frecklington went unpunished.

13 games....is a joke....

Up the Millers....and .....

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit !

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    Just a few notes that are real NOT sarcasm....TS has slapped the fans down like screaming - ignorant ****agers.

You had a good manager and a great back up team.....the circumstances were woeful yet I saw more managerial nouse in the manipulation of the squad - in an effort to sort out the defence.

Izzy was brought in to suit the tactics that suited our situation....

Sarcasm....."Go back to sleep".....lol

You had a good manager and now you got "Trial & Error" in league one.

I can't believe there is any form of doubt in the noisy minority that screamed loudly for Stubbs removal....

"The empty she'll makes the loudest noise"

My research has uncovered many positive facts about Stubbs work and methods over the years....but morons couldn't see the football reasons he should have stayed.....

We'll - you should be happy clappers now.

Just a few notes Frog !

Likewise, Rotherham fans can expect a forensic focus on the back four.

It is no coincidence that Everton’s competence in defence evaporated when Stubbs abandoned his post as defensive coach to head north in 2014,

Nor that Hibs conceded the joint fewest goals in the Scottish Championship last season.

Speaking about bringing kids through:

Manchester United*and England captain*Wayne Rooney*says Alan Stubbs, the retired former Everton centre-back, is his “Jedi Master”, in a new video celebrating Star Wars. *

Discussing the film*Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Rooney said:

“If you look at me as a young player, my Jedi Master was certainly Alan Stubbs."

"He was someone I looked up to and still do.”

And....

Stubbs has made all of his own luck.

When he took over, Hibs were at rock bottom. Relegation had been an eviscerating experience and if Stubbs could find a player still standing after the big summer cull there wasn’t much hope left in his eyes.

Sarcasm is a SHEFFIELD trait Frog

Rotherham for wit Sheffield for Sh!t !

We could have survived....

Rival boss Rafa Benitez has tipped bottom club Rotherham United to haul themselves out of the Championship drop zone. Benitez’s Newcastle United side beat the Millers 1-0 amid refereeing controversy at sold-out New York Stadium on Saturday. But the Toon manager, who has won the Champions League with Liverpool and has occupied the Real Madrid hot-seat, saw enough from the home side to believe they’re in a false position. “They were pushing and pushing us and with that kind of play they will win games and be higher in the table,” he said. Rotherham put their big-spending visitors under pressure for much of the game and deserved some reward, but were undone by a goal which came as a result of an error by Premier League offical Roger East. The third-placed Magpies scored in the 41st minute through Christian Atsu after a clear two-handed push by Ciaran Clark on home captain Lee Frecklington went unpunished.

13 games....is a joke....

Up the Millers....and .....

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit !
    You have a go at people who criticise Stubbs but then you denigrate Warne and Barker by calling them Trial and Error.
    If you really are a supporter of the Millers why are you such a hypocrite, and a bloody long winded one at that?
    Try moving on, the clueless Stubbs is still unemployed and likely to remain that way.
    You may not like the current management team (and a lot of us are apprehensive too) but they are in charge now and your hero is long gone thank God.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast