+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Favourite Music and Musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    That's an opinion poll woking.

I had to smile, to have a great, great guitar player like Angus Young barely breaching the top 100 at 96 and putting Joni Mitchell at 72 beggars belief.

Joni Mitchell???????

Eddie Van Halen at 70 and Ritchie Blackmore at a paltry 55?

Forget music tastes, was the creator of this poll just simply deaf?
    I certainly enjoyed Ritchie Blackmore's contribution to The Outlaws. As for who ranks where, it will always be a matter of personal opinion. I didn't see Hank Marvin in the list, but Mark Knopfler who idolised him is well placed.

That's an opinion poll woking.

I had to smile, to have a great, great guitar player like Angus Young barely breaching the top 100 at 96 and putting Joni Mitchell at 72 beggars belief.

Joni Mitchell???????

Eddie Van Halen at 70 and Ritchie Blackmore at a paltry 55?

Forget music tastes, was the creator of this poll just simply deaf?

#16 Joey Ramone tells you all you need to know about the credibility of that list!!

Ahhhh, good old Joey.

Play the following two string chords, E, A, G and D in 4/4 timing.

Repeat for thirty years.

Or was it Johnny?
    Or Dee Dee?

Which one was the singer, Joey?

Or was it Johnny?
    Or Dee Dee?

Which one was the singer, Joey?
    Yep! It was Johnny!! where were Joe Satriani,Yngwie Malms****,Steve Vai Dave Mustaine. To name but a few?

Just a slight bit of talent there

Anything with Roy Orbison on it has to be good. The thing that I've always said about The Big O is that he made everything look effortless, surely one of the greatest natural voices of all time.

He did a duet once with KD Lang. It was his song Crying and there is footage of Lang with Roy and his band and you can hear Orbison belting out the chorus but it looks like he is saying it under his breath whilst KD Lang is almost doubled up, her neck veins popping out, trying (and succeeding) to hit the harmonies.

If anyone wants to read a true heartbreaking story they should read about Roy Orbison's private life, it doesn't bear thinking about what he went through.

Oh I forgot, Jeff Lynne and George Harrison were okay too

I imagine you will like this one then Newcy:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvR1...muAKvU&index=5

A Contemporary of Orbison and here albeit towards the end of his days doing justice to the Nine Inch Nails Classic 'Hurt' the Legend and genius that is Johnny Cash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt1Pwfnh5pc

Quite at home listening to the haunting, melodic sound of Clannad , across to the raw aggression from
    Townshend's Gibson.

If i were to select a guitarist , it would be Brian May.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)