+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: London hit again....

London hit again....

Another vehicle rampage this time with gunfire on the London Bridge, with a white van hitting pedestrians and injuring many.

Something got to be done with our national security, how are these terrorists getting away with all this questions need to be answered?

Theresa May statement on the attacks: "Following updates from police and security officials, I can confirm that the terrible incident in London is being treated as a potential act of terrorism.

"This is a fast moving investigation. I want to express my huge gratitude to the police and emergency services who are on the scene. Our thoughts are with those who are caught up in these dreadful events."

Supporters of so-called Islamic state have been cheering the incidents on social media.

This takes a major breaking point for people from Islamic culture who have taken another step further into breaking out a full blown war, and it's about time we do something about it, enoughs enough we will not stand for it much longer and waiting for us to be taking like mugs. We take their culture into our society and we make them work, and what do we get in return they decide to kill millions of innocent people and make us live in terror, but no more we will not tolerate this it's time we take a stand and hit them where it hurts most, because they only brought it on themselves.

With the bombing of the Manchester Arena and the London Bridge attack tonight, could just be mere distractions for something far more greater, then what we have seen tonight, there is a high risk that we will see more planned attacks being plotted as we speak.

This is not to be taken likely, this is a high terrorist attack for somethink much larger, we should be on high alert and be prepared for the worst case scenario.

"The pressure on MI5 is 'overwhelming' No question about that one.

The BBC's security correspondent says the London Bridge attack is the third time in less than three months that terrorists have been able to "slip through the intelligence net". He says pressure on the security services is now building. They need to do better in searching and finding terrorists before they plot an attack, the intelligence net is not doing enough to protect us and MI5 and the police need to do better.

"MI5, the security service, has been tracking 500 active plots in this country and it's director had earlier warned to expect one of those plots to go through. But the pressure on the police and MI5 to stop further attacks is now overwhelming. As so-called Islamic State loses ground in the Middle East it's been calling on it's followers to attack civilians in Britain and other western countries using vehicles, guns and knifes. The recent attacks in Britain follow a spate of others in France, Germany and Belgium over the last 18 months.

Both Britain, France, Germany and Belgium need to do better in upgrading their terrorism security, because we can't keep allowing them to slip through and cause more casualties to take place and ruin people's way of live.

When they're living amongst us and blend in as westerners I think we have a job on our hands, at least when we were fighting the Germans we knew who they were and where they were, if any credit can be given then at least they wore uniforms and fought like proper soldiers not like these so called muslim cowards, why dont they come out and fight like proper soldiers and then we'll see how brave they are

I'm just sick and tired of the so-called Islamic State just being able, to just walk through our so-called top defences with ease. There needs to be something done and with Theresa May talking with COBRA today, we might know more on what they plan on doing about it.

You right Stenson! at least when we were fighting the Germans we knew what they we planning and knew where they were and had better defences to stop the Germans from winning the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    I'm just sick and tired of the so-called Islamic State just being able, to just walk through our so-called top defences with ease.....
    I guess you have a so-called solution to this then?? I'd love to hear it.

I have travelled through that station most days for the past 30 years and it, all stations and indeed all bridges, are soft vulnerable targets that cannot be protected as they are meant to be publically accessible.

How would you go about stopping committed radicalised fanatics then?

Everything can be protected Roger, there is no environment that can't be protected.

You are talking out of your arse again. Are you suggesting we ban all vehicles from roads, build reinforced steel caged pedestrian walkways to stop hit and runs? Did 9-11 teach you nothing?

Nowhere is safe from the committed individual who has no care for his own life or that of others.

More security needs to be put in place 24/7 around public places to make sure everyone stays safe and secure. Better barriers and identification, need to be put in place to make sure everyone gets into the country that needs to be in this country that is not here to cause civilians any harm. More needs to be done to combat terrorism as a whole.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)