+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pride & Passion

Pride & Passion

Watching the junior cup final yesterday should how proud and passionate the fans of Junior football are . It wasn't that long ago we had a very passionate support . One that went to games , created an atmosphere and enjoyed themselves

How do we go about getting that back ....?

Quote Originally Posted by basher60 View Post
    Watching the junior cup final yesterday should how proud and passionate the fans of Junior football are . It wasn't that long ago we had a very passionate support . One that went to games , created an atmosphere and enjoyed themselves

How do we go about getting that back ....?
    Don't think there is any easy answer to that question.
    It's all dependant on the board and the manager being able build a squad who are capable of putting results together consistently and playing a brand of football that excites the punters.
    Even then it would take time to convince the "floaters" to return and a new generation of supporters to be enthused.
    Don't forget the scenes of passion and enthusiasm you witnessed at Rugby Park are no different from what we all experienced in 2008. Sadly what takes so long assemble, nurture and grow can very quickly fall apart and disintegrate.....!!
    Last edited by shugg1e1919; 05-06-2017 at 02:37 PM. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by shugg1e1919 View Post
    Don't think there is any easy answer to that question.
    It's all dependant on the board and the manager being able build a squad who are capable of putting results together consistently and playing a brand of football that excites the punters.
    Even then it would take time to convince the "floaters" to return and a new generation of supporters to be enthused.
    Don't forget the scenes of passion and enthusiasm you witnessed at Rugby Park are no different from what we all experienced in 2008. Sadly what takes so long assemble, nurture and grow can very quickly fall apart and disintegrate.....!!
    Very true Shuggie . A successful team on the pitch always brings excitement for the fans . I just wonder as a football club if we could do something to encourage people back and hopefully create a decent atmosphere win lose or draw . There's definitely work to be done off the park . Young Danny Armstrong is a breath of fresh air and his enthusiasm is second to done but we needs more fans to become interested and supporting his ideas

I've noticed he's asking for help for Queens Guid Nychburris float . He'll no doubt rely on the same very small loyal supporters who do everything for the club . Why aren't more fans interested ? What can we do to get them interested ? Is it maybe an idea to contact fans directly rather than a small post on the OS ?

I've a feeling the togetherness among Queens fans is at an all time low

still plenty people proud of being a Queens supporter it's just a shame the passion has gone , especially last season when it became a chore to attend matches . It's a situation that needs urgently addressed by the club . The word togetherness has been used above and that's something the fans need to get back . Too many bickering among themselves IMO

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    still plenty people proud of being a Queens supporter it's just a shame the passion has gone , especially last season when it became a chore to attend matches . It's a situation that needs urgently addressed by the club . The word togetherness has been used above and that's something the fans need to get back . Too many bickering among themselves IMO
    Yes changed days from only a few years ago when all the fan clubs got together and with help from big Kev the groundsman built a locomotive under the new stand which was then mounted on to a lorry and entered the Guid Nychburris parade under the banner '' we may travel by the railway line '' Sadly the enthusiasm of those days for whatever reason has disappeared like snaw off a dyke.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Yes changed days from only a few years ago when all the fan clubs got together and with help from big Kev the groundsman built a locomotive under the new stand which was then mounted on to a lorry and entered the Guid Nychburris parade under the banner '' we may travel by the railway line '' Sadly the enthusiasm of those days for whatever reason has disappeared like snaw off a dyke.
    I think there are plenty of reasons Bruce. Many fans involved in that (me included) were naively hoping that coming together to support a community club in Dumfries in response to what was happening down the road at Gretna would lead to a real change in attitude from the BoD.

Sadly, in my opinion, the fans are still being treated like mushrooms and any real change to a proper community club has not been realised. Add to that the problems with overspending under Rae, the crass appointment to the Board of a Rangers fan and the club
    being mostly average on the park, poor communications, the Boards intransifience on having a fans rep on the Board etc etc.

The days of the Scottish Cup Final and trip to Denmark now appear to be the high water line with regards to Queens and support has been left to the diehards. People quickly find other things to do and focus on and I doubt even a competitive team would see some coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by KingfaetheSooth View Post
    I think there are plenty of reasons Bruce. Many fans involved in that (me included) were naively hoping that coming together to support a community club in Dumfries in response to what was happening down the road at Gretna would lead to a real change in attitude from the BoD.

Sadly, in my opinion, the fans are still being treated like mushrooms and any real change to a proper community club has not been realised. Add to that the problems with overspending under Rae, the crass appointment to the Board of a Rangers fan and the club
    being mostly average on the park, poor communications, the Boards intransifience on having a fans rep on the Board etc etc.

The days of the Scottish Cup Final and trip to Denmark now appear to be the high water line with regards to Queens and support has been left to the diehards. People quickly find other things to do and focus on and I doubt even a competitive team would see some coming back.
    Queens should get all the supporters clubs together and try rally the troops again .

All for one and one for all

PS - you should see what Queens do in the community KFTS . Dan Armstrong is doing a fine job

Lets not forget it was a cup final on Sunday. Hardly fair to compare that with a run of the mill league game at Palmerston.

There was plenty of pride and passion on show when we last played in a cup final at Livingston.

for starters the young lads that were trying to build up an atmosphere are near gone to the club ,some are banned,and the friends of the one who are banned stopped going as a result,now to attract a younger generation who can create an atmosphere,there has to be a bit of give and take ,there is going to be incidents of trouble associated with having a young and noisy support it comes hand in hand ,the club and security and police need to realise this and stop moving in on them as the way i see it theres no one had any harm done to them ,bottom line if we want a young noisy atmosphere at palmy let them have there fun .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)