+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New signing

I reckon one more experienced midfield player and we're about there
    A big well done to big Dave and Kenny and the board for backing them roll on the season

Realistically we now have a balanced squad of 18 / 19 covering every position reasonably and with some options. Guessing DA might want a couple more in as a couple of injuries and the bench will be occupied by very young and untried lads

"Realistically we now have a balanced squad of 18 / 19 covering every position reasonably and with some options. Guessing DA might want a couple more in as a couple of injuries and the bench will be occupied by very young and untried lads"

Totally agree. X1 Creative midfielder (Ideally Callum Cooke, although I realise that's unlikely given his performances for us last season, and he's the sort of player Gary Monk likes to have in his squad) and a dedicated RB. Give us those and I think we can be confident of, at the very least, a far more successful season than last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Armchair General 72 View Post
    "Realistically we now have a balanced squad of 18 / 19 covering every position reasonably and with some options. Guessing DA might want a couple more in as a couple of injuries and the bench will be occupied by very young and untried lads"

Totally agree. X1 Creative midfielder (Ideally Callum Cooke, although I realise that's unlikely given his performances for us last season, and he's the sort of player Gary Monk likes to have in his squad) and a dedicated RB. Give us those and I think we can be confident of, at the very least, a far more successful season than last time.
    It would be great to have Callum Cooke back, but that's not going to happen he is probably at the level of Championship football and if they do send him out on loan I doubt it will be to a league 2 club. We wont be getting another right back either its down to NG and Nolan to fight for that spot, it is likely that NG will be given the opportunity to secure that position. I think we can be confident without any additions to the squad, but we will see, depends whats in the budget.

We do need a creative midfielder and possibly another defender if Walker is booked for a midfield role. The squad is certainly shaping up well and it will be interesting to see how the team gels via the pre-season friendlies. I would be disappointed if we were not firmly in the top half of the table and making a decent push for a playoff spot. I am certainly more confident than this time last year and could not believe that some supporters thought we would bounce back straight way.

I don't think we need any more permanent signings in midfield as that is an area where we have a lot of promising youngsters Ainley, Wintle, Cooper, the little fella whose name escapes me and they will all want and deserve a chance. Quite happy for a loan player for 6 months but we do need to promote our own if they're good enough.

Would rather have a dedicated right back, personally.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123