+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: The Heelan League 2017/18 Thread

I read on the highland league facebook page the last day that Fort will be back for 1 more season at least, not sure how much truth in it though but a lot of people were commenting saying it was true and good news

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    I read on the highland league facebook page the last day that Fort will be back for 1 more season at least, not sure how much truth in it though but a lot of people were commenting saying it was true and good news
    I noticed a lot of the board are gone. I don't know if its to make way for new folk or what.

Hope they stay around. Odd number of teams if they do as im pretty confident Sevcove will go up

What's happening to the Fort then? I always look out for their results - no idea why, and I don't mean this disrespectfully but what are they doing in the Highland League. What do they bring to it? I really don't know much about Highland League football so may appear a bit ignorant here. Are they not out their depth?

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...staying-power/

They'll get a ****ing shoeing tonight, like. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    What's happening to the Fort then? I always look out for their results - no idea why, and I don't mean this disrespectfully but what are they doing in the Highland League. What do they bring to it? I really don't know much about Highland League football so may appear a bit ignorant here. Are they not out their depth?
    I interviewed Donly McLeod, the boy that did everything at Strathspey, when the three new clubs were admitted in 2010. His big fear was the conflict between fitba and shinty, and the concomitant (I was using that word long before that **** Traynor) drain on fitba sqaaads of boys who play both.

I think that is a huge issue for Fort William ana, as well as its really being a town with little sense of community due to the constant transitory nature of its population. A sociologist could probably explain better. Or maybe some of the self-appointed omniscients on this board could explain it via a series of Venn diagrams, population surveys, census results, guesswork and forceful profanity.

good news

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    good news
    Indeed it is, a lot of work behind the scenes/travelling and f@cking rain, however it is great they are still going, especially with Cove flying the flag atm......will not make Harlaw on Saturday as we have a small jaunt up to Insch......hopefully they play as well as last week.

SF

Ft Wm 3 Maroons 3.

Thank **** that’s the season finished.

Playaff

Sevcovegypos v Cowdenbeath

HFL

Turrah v Brora Huns

The last game of the season and a dead rubber and a half. Neither can move in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Playaff

Sevcovegypos v Cowdenbeath

HFL

Turrah v Brora Huns

The last game of the season and a dead rubber and a half. Neither can move in the league
    Hopefully Cove get a good result today, they deserve to get where a few other ex Highland league clubs now ply their trade.

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast