+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heelan League 2017/18 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Perhaps I'm being ignorant to those who watch and or follow Highland League football but what is the point of Fort William being in this league? I think they won 3 games in a row a couple of seasons ago but they always appear to be rank rotten.
    They applied, were voted in democratically, and so have every right to be there. I think the decision to allow them in was to get a geographical balance once the two Inverness clubs disappeared along with Ross County. There was also hope that the catchment area of Lochaber would support its local club, but it looks like they prefer to get on buses to Glasgow for their fitba, or prefer shinty.

Donly MacLeod, the Grantown Jags main mannie said that shinty was a huge competitor for them when I interviewed him on their election to the HFL in 2009.

I can also remember Buckie, Deveronvale, Brora and Huntly being the whipping boys for seasons on end in the 1960s and 1970s, and they’ve been successful (the ****ing objectionable ****ers) in their own manky, sleazy ways since. ****s.

Anything can happen. Brora used to be f@cking awful and have recently won the league twice. Rothes were f@cking awful and are finding their feet. Cove used to get pumped 8 - 0 by Peterhead and are now the best team.

The Fort deserve to be there as do any club in the division. The Forts a great day out. The Wifey that does everything at the Fort was a lovely helpful wifey, the Forts, ground is one of my favourites in world football.

They are seriously hampered by location as its not a football area. It canna be easy

They also reached the North Of Scotland Cup final last season despite being hampered by shinty

'mon e Fort

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Ross ****ing ****ing *******ing potty-mouthed abusive bad-tempered **** Jack sacked by Turra, but he will NOT be the new Maroons manager.

Whispers say there will be a Kynoch Park announcement tomorrow.
    Et voila.

Welcome back Jamie and Mugsy. Good luck to Deano.

“New Management Announced:

Keith FC are delighted to announce the appointment of Dean Donaldson as Keith FC Manager.

Dean who previously played for the club and more recently took up the post of First Team Coach has drafted in 2 other ex Keith FC legends to assist him. Michael Brown and Jamie Lennox will take up Ass Manager/Coaching roles.

Keith FC Chairman Andy Troup said we are delighted to welcome Dean, Michael and Jamie back to the club as our new Management Team and have every faith in their ability to do a fantastic job for the Club.

All 3 played for Keith FC and were all League and Cup winners.”

‘mon the Maroons.

Whats an Ass Manager

Cheers vintage and as Pac says canna be easy. Yeah any time I've been up it appears that shinty is the main event but also that everyone seems to support one half of the gruesome twosome and leaves every week on a bus for there. Just wonderd about them and how they survive as their travel costs to fulfil fixtures must be pretty high. I assume though that a lot of their players will work in the Aberdeen areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Whats an Ass Manager
    The post’s job description reads, “Turning donkeys into fitba players”.

The exclusions and contra-indications section includes “John Inglis”.

Nae sure the weather this weekend. About 35 here though

League Cup
    Brora Huns v Inverurie Locos
    Wick Academy v Nairn County

League
    Deveronvale v Huntly
    Formartinks v Rothes
    Fort William v Buckie Bhoys
    Fraserburgh v Forres Mechanics
    Lossie v Keith
    Strathspey v Clachnacuddin
    Turrah v Gypoc@nt FC

Er....

Clachnacuddin v Brora Rangers
    Fort William v Forres Mechanics
    Huntly v Buckie Thistle
    Inverurie Loco Works v Fraserburgh
    Lossiemouth v Formartine United
    Nairn County P v P Rothes (Frozen Pitch)
    Strathspey Thistle P v P Deveronvale
    (Frozen Pitch)
    Turriff United v Cove Rangers
    Wick Academy v Keith

Bizarre as the fixtures were copied aff the HFL official website. As they are every time. They have now mysteriously changed to the 27th

Even though Turrah v Sevcove has stayed tommorow
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 12-01-2018 at 07:51 PM.

The managerless v the homeless

Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast