+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are Labour celebrating?

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    "The left-biased media"....That's the equivalent of advice regarding "left over wine" to the average housewife !

It's a joke - it doesn't it exist....!
    Yes the BBC and Channel 4 in particular are famously right-wing.

A few on here seem a tad irked. Kippers jealous?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    , delusional as ever...

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7144381.html

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Hardly matters which mainstream media platform is right wing , it's so 1970's .

Labour are miles in front with their own bit of kit called ' chatter ' , connects them to users on a personal level , the young un's loved it and voted accordingly .

The Tories are still going round housing estates with a morris minor and a megaphone by comparison .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Hardly matters which mainstream media platform is right wing , it's so 1970's .

Labour are miles in front with their own bit of kit called ' chatter ' , connects them to users on a personal level , the young un's loved it and voted accordingly .

The Tories are still going round housing estates with a morris minor and a megaphone by comparison .
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ridge-election

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    For the first time last night we had an actual confirmation that all the rallies, the policies, the things that even though we feel that they are right, still doubted as being 'loony left' actually connected with large masses of people, most of whom had only noticed he was there in the last 4 weeks. From nothing to a real force, winning seats and yanking the establishment back on their heels.
    You see it that way, and that is fine, you are entitled to your opinion. The way I see it is this - the ONLY reason Labour did so well is because of how HATED the Tories and Theresa May are. So lots of people voted just to get out. Not because they saw Corbyn as any good, just get him in to get her out. Just like I voted for her to keep him out. They are both terrible leaders, for different reasons.

Also, not to forget that lots of people believed the Labour lies and lots of young people were brainwashed in the education indoctrination system to come out and vote for Corbyn to get the nasty party out.

(And don't think I don't realise May and the Tories told lots of lies too, just like all politicians. Of course lots voted for the Tories based upon those lies too).

In an ideal world we would get a party who tells the truth and does what the majority want, not a large minority on each side. There could quite EASILY in my opinion be middle ground found that suits most.

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    OMG.....We were brilliant against Newcastle.....I know I was there...lol

Rival boss Rafa Benitez has tipped bottom club Rotherham United to haul themselves out of the Championship drop zone. Benitez’s Newcastle United side beat the Millers 1-0 amid refereeing controversy at sold-out New York Stadium on Saturday. But the Toon manager, who has won the Champions League with Liverpool and has occupied the Real Madrid hot-seat, saw enough from the home side to believe they’re in a false position. “They were pushing and pushing us and with that kind of play they will win games and be higher in the table,” he said. Rotherham put their big-spending visitors under pressure for much of the game and deserved some reward, but were undone by a goal which came as a result of an error by Premier League offical Roger East. The third-placed Magpies scored in the 41st minute through Christian Atsu after a clear two-handed push by Ciaran Clark on home captain Lee Frecklington went unpunished.

We were scoring goals - making chances and worrying the opposition.....

Then sacked......madness.....
    We had ONE shot on target, and for some reason you expect the Newcastle manager to come out and say, "Yeah they are sh1t, they are definitely going down." He was being diplomatic. Newcastle had an off day, we were brilliant according to you, yet we still lost, never scored, never looked like scoring.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis_D View Post
    You see it that way, and that is fine, you are entitled to your opinion. The way I see it is this - the ONLY reason Labour did so well is because of how HATED the Tories and Theresa May are. So lots of people voted just to get out. Not because they saw Corbyn as any good, just get him in to get her out. Just like I voted for her to keep him out. They are both terrible leaders, for different reasons.

Also, not to forget that lots of people believed the Labour lies and lots of young people were brainwashed in the education indoctrination system to come out and vote for Corbyn to get the nasty party out.

(And don't think I don't realise May and the Tories told lots of lies too, just like all politicians. Of course lots voted for the Tories based upon those lies too).

In an ideal world we would get a party who tells the truth and does what the majority want, not a large minority on each side. There could quite EASILY in my opinion be middle ground found that suits most.
    Jeremy Corbyn connected with people , especially the younger ones , he's never more at ease when he's out there taking to normal everyday people , it's perfectly natural for him .

May looks clumsy , ill at ease , stuffy and gives the impression she'd prefer to be elsewhere .

People who normally feel forgotten and ignored felt engaged and important with Labour and part of the future again .

The Tories are fine at Royal Ascot or in tuxedos at s****y London hotels takling to their own .

Times are changing , with younger people inspired the wind is in labours sails , work still to be done though .

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Only a deluded fool would think that the country is in a better position on Brexit following the general election.
    Grist, I'm not normally unsympathetic to your views but have to disagree on this. Matthew Paris is a generally informed columnist with sympathies on the centre-right. He has suggested (yesterday's Times) that had May won a convincing victory the right-wing of the Tory party would have insisted it was a mandate for hard Brexit, a no-deal better than a bad deal approach, an attack on human rights legislation. He doesn't address some aspects of domestic policy but he has previously identified this section of the Tory party with an enthusiasm for fossil fuels, further diminution of Trade Union rights, a dilution of employment and environmental protections, tax cuts for the wealthy, abolition of Inheritance Tax and an end to the minimum wage. Not people I would wish to get into bed with.

I see that JC is now threatening to use his massive majority to vote down the Queen's speech so he can form a minority government.

Who does his maths for him Dianne Abbot? 318 Tory's plus 10 DUP equals 328 a very narrow working majority.

Even if the Tory's and the DUP fail to reach an agreement there is no chance of Labour getting a Queens speech through the commons because the 318 Tories would vote it down, the 10 DUP at best abstain because there is no chance of them supporting JC given his IRA sympathies and even if every other MP in the house voted with Labour they could only muster 315 votes because the 7 Sinn Fein MP's refuse to take their seats.

As a result the only option that can deliver a Commons majority is the Tories plus the DUP.

No other combination will work given there isn't a snowball in hells chance of the DUP ever working with JC. So if it isn't the Tories plus DUP all bets are off and we're back to the ballot box for another election because no other combination delivers a working majority.

JC would absolutely **** himself if he got in because all his empty promises would be exposed when there's not enough money on the magic money tree to provide all the freebies he promised without massively increasing borrowing.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast