+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Greg Tansey

Quote Originally Posted by VandeVen7 View Post
    It is fairly likely that Jacob Davenport of Man City will join on loan. We will very likely see a Man City youth join on loan and likely will be him.

Hope he's as successful for us as Patrick Roberts has been for Timmys

Tansey was clearly rated by DM and I think most of us had high hopes for him in a Dons shirt. Shame it hasn't worked out.

Loans of untested young players are always hit and miss but we've had some decent loanees in recent years - Ward, Hector, Maddison. Someone of that calibre for 6 months would be acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by VandeVen7 View Post
    It is fairly likely that Jacob Davenport of Man City will join on loan. We will very likely see a Man City youth join on loan and likely will be him.
    A quick check on google would suggest he’s a player to keep the physio busy.

Excellent. A loan

Whatever McInnes has seen in Tansey obviously hasn't materialised in his time here - not the level of player we need if we want to stay in 2nd place and challenge for trophies.

Seems obvious that we will bring in a midfielder during this window to fill the gap. I assume Tansey will make the switch permanent in summer providing the loan goes ok. I've no idea who we will bring in - more than likely a loanee from down south as already suggested. I would like us to make a move to sign Liam Henderson from Celtic on a permanent deal though - I think he's a good level of player who will have aspirations to play for Scotland. Still young, has proved his ability when given the chance at Celtic and at Hibs and would be a step up from Tansey. Seems to be other interest in him though so doubt we'd get him.

I think there has been an issue with Tansey, McInnes is on record saying he doesn't tolerate lazy players and there is no room for lazy players at Aberdeen.

Whoever we bring in it needs to be a player of good ability and someone who can go straight into the team and improve the side.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I think there has been an issue with Tansey, McInnes is on record saying he doesn't tolerate lazy players and there is no room for lazy players at Aberdeen.

Whoever we bring in it needs to be a player of good ability and someone who can go straight into the team and improve the side.
    No idea if there is an issue between Tansey and McInnes or not, but Tansey was extremely lazy in that first half at Ibrox where he failed to track the run for Rangers' second goal and generally appeared well off the pace. He also gave the penalty away for their first goal.

He's not impressed me in the little I've seen of him and agree we should be looking at someone like Liam Henderson if he's available. We still lack bite in the middle of the park - Anthony O'Connor is not an acceptable solution there either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Excellent. A loan
    The squad is bigger and better than before the window opened.

One loan in - potential
    One loan out.
    One Niall McGinn - Signed

Thumbs up to the Niall signing. No doubt about it.

Why do we need an unknown youth player from England to replace a player that never plays. Surely we have a player on the books that can replace Tanseys 11 appearances is what im getting at

The Tansey signing was a strange one in the first place.
    I never noticed him playing against us.
    Come to think of it I never noticed him playing for us either.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast